Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why was Talon's silence removed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pr0jectseph

10-02-2014

Curious.

I have never had "such a hard time v'sing him" that I felt it needed to go.
It never felt OP to vs. And you always knew it was a possibility to be silenced if you were near him.

No biggie.

And after trying him last free-week I found that, without silence, he was literally jumping into a fight to just get snared/stunned/ or blowed the f*k up instantly.

Again, just curious as a non-Talon player as to why this change "needed to happen"?

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-02-2014

Basically, his silence was guaranteeing that his opponent could not react.

Talon's burst rotation is nearly instant and very high-damage. Prime his Q, E-W-auto-R, whoever you were attacking just got a face full of knives worth over a thousand damage, and they couldn't react for the one second that you were visible.

Removing the Silence means that it's not impossible to react to his damage, which means that players against him don't feel useless for dying instantly to his rotation. Talon players, in turn, are dealing with a downfall because he is (quite obviously) not as powerful.

I don't know if he's fine as is. I'd actually kind of like to see a minor rework, like a Katarina-tier rework where things are shifted around just slightly. Same basic design pattern, but some new flexibility added so he's not a one-and-done rotation.

Zyconz

10-02-2014

I just felt liek they could ahve lowered the slience duration a bit because the move speed really isnt to noticeable. I do agree though that the silence was op in a way because most "good" talon players wouldnt just q>e, they would let an auto attack sink in and use the q as an aa reset on top fo using the w and r. but even then, talon still had enough toime to do all that and still leave the enemy to only basic attack him.

masterdragon481

10-03-2014

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
Basically, his silence was guaranteeing that his opponent could not react.

Talon's burst rotation is nearly instant and very high-damage. Prime his Q, E-W-auto-R, whoever you were attacking just got a face full of knives worth over a thousand damage, and they couldn't react for the one second that you were visible.

Removing the Silence means that it's not impossible to react to his damage, which means that players against him don't feel useless for dying instantly to his rotation. Talon players, in turn, are dealing with a downfall because he is (quite obviously) not as powerful.

I don't know if he's fine as is. I'd actually kind of like to see a minor rework, like a Katarina-tier rework where things are shifted around just slightly. Same basic design pattern, but some new flexibility added so he's not a one-and-done rotation.

I would honestly be suprised to see something like NOT happen. I understand the need to remove the silence because it was oppressive, and it is better for the health of the game to have one champion be underpowered instead of shutting down an entire class of champions.

Without it though, Talon can only trade kills at best (and that goes away once hourglass is done) so he really has been hurt pretty badly.

Illyaria

10-03-2014

All silences are being removed from the game and I would really like to know why. It doesn't have to do with Talon but the silence itself.

EffectFX

10-03-2014

Quote:
Illyaria:
All silences are being removed from the game and I would really like to know why. It doesn't have to do with Talon but the silence itself.

No they aren't.

wolfax

10-03-2014

Quote:
Illyaria:

Well, Soraka's still got hers, and doesn't look like Fid's in any danger of losing his. Don't think they're removing them all.

If they do though ir's probably because it hits spellcasters (mages and the like) almost exclusively. There are a lot of champions that can do ok or even thrive through a silence (ADCs) while mages are helpless against it. It's an incredibly lopsided CC move. Blind is its equivalent for ADCs, but it's really only found on one champion and I wouldn't be surprised to see Teemo changed and the blind removed.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
Illyaria:
All silences are being removed from the game and I would really like to know why.

Well, first of all, if that was true, Riot would have removed the silence from Soraka's kit when they reworked her.

Second, if they do remove all silences, it will be because it's binary by the standards of CC. Some champions are almost totally unaffected by losing their spells, while others are utterly worthless without them.

Echo5kw

10-03-2014

cho, blitz, malz, and soraka would like to talk with you about silences...

Roxas242

10-03-2014

I feel as though they mad talon ultimately useless late game especially against Op champs like fizz for example ( who Still needs a Nerf by the way )