Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots are now a SERIOUS problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astrakas

10-02-2014

So there are numerous people complaining about bots in 3v3, but they've now leaked into 5v5 too. this is a STUPID problem that rito can at least ADDRESS. so pls rito fix dis gaem

PrivateBaldric

10-02-2014

Quote:
Astrakas:
So there are numerous people complaining about bots in 3v3, but they've now leaked into 5v5 too. this is a STUPID problem that rito can at least ADDRESS. so pls rito fix dis gaem

They are working on it.

Quote:
xShiroix:
Hey, all.

You're right. Bots have been a growing plague, especially in Dominion. It's something we've been working on for a while, but it's been a complex issue. Botting is like a hydra - cut off one head and two more spawn in its place. Recently, it's become clear to us that in order to tackle this issue, we have to get at the root cause, rather than just attacking the bots. Simply banning/deleting bots would be akin to cutting off a hydra's head, and we need to sear the stump so it can't regrow. We need to address the motivation for botting and punish the beneficiaries, not just the bots.

I'm sure you guys can understand that the more we talk about our plans in detail, the easier it is for botters to "level up" their game as well. So, even though we can't share our specific plans, please be assured that we are taking this seriously, and we're aggressively working toward slaying this beast.

Source (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49041342#post49041342)

nerak23

10-03-2014

So should we report the fake account ( mid lane feeder bots ) or not ?

I Don't want to waste my time, nor do I want to send in a bunch of reports and find that when I actually need to report a Toxic player that the system just lumps me into a "tattle-tale" type group ?

I report a bot in about 1 of 7 games ( I check their match history and always the same.. no kills and strange builds ) and only twice ever used the report button for something I thought should be reported for any other reason..

Esp0njoso

10-05-2014

Dominion is now useless. After this morning, I'm not going to play Dominion again until the problem is fixed. It's not worth the effort, nor time, while there are still 1-2 bots each game.

I respect what Riot is attempting to do, but there needs to be more immediate action otherwise Dominion shouldn't exist.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Esp0njoso:
Dominion is now useless. After this morning, I'm not going to play Dominion again until the problem is fixed. It's not worth the effort, nor time, while there are still 1-2 bots each game.

I respect what Riot is attempting to do, but there needs to be more immediate action otherwise Dominion shouldn't exist.

Eh, then they'd just queue more for other modes. Probably TT, as it's another mode that tends to have short matches.

The problem is hitting the source and removing the value of it rather than in removing specific accounts (which they're already doing anyway). My concern is that since League accounts are free anyway, I'm not sure what else they can do to remove value besides getting rid of summoner levels and IP. And the latter of that would require completely restructuring giant chunks of their model. I dunno. It's weird and complicated.