Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

4.17 Hotfix deployed for mac crashes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Profette

10-02-2014

Interestingly, the patch worked in that I didn't drop out of any games (2 ARAM, 1 SR) but there had been a slight lag right before the game used to crash - the momentary lag is still there with the console message "pointer being freed was not allocated" but still didn't crash. Very positive compared to what we had been having though. Thanks for working on this!

If it's worth it: OSX 10.9.5, 2010 macbook pro. Made sure not to have any other applications open though I don't think it mattered.

Noobie gamer

10-02-2014

Game is currently at 6:00, I already disc 2 times and got 2 bugsplat :'(

Edit: hehehehe, think I'm in a good streak. 10min game, already 2 disc, 5 bugsplat. Can't even load now without having a bugsplat.

SnazzyMcGee

10-02-2014

Reading this makes me want to play a game! But I don't want to crash ugh It makes me so happy seeing that you are working on it though!

The Quackin

10-02-2014

Is this situation for real ? I mean how in hell can you patch something and make it worst, this is infuriating, I understand as a Mac user I'm not that relevant but, ... I'm just so done with that.

Edit : can't even pass the loading screen ...

Noobie gamer

10-02-2014

They didn't make it worse.
They fix a problem, and it seems it triggers some other bugs/problems for other Mac users, hopefully less than before.

The Quackin

10-02-2014

Well when I used to get 1 crash out of every 3 games and know I'm going up to 5 crash every game, I call it worst.

Noobie gamer

10-02-2014

Worst for me too as I didn't crash before and I'm at - for now - 7 disc in 10 min. But that doesn't mean it's worse for the whole Mac users base.

Mike4Real

10-02-2014

Quote:
Riot3ous:
We are seeing a disconnect problem on live for some of you guys. We'll be on it.

Thank you so much for posting here with really detailed information and updates on the hotfix. Even letting us know you guys are working on it is fantastic.

CoffeePower

10-03-2014

Since I last posted, there has been a HUGE improvement on this. I just ran 6 or so games with no problem.

THANK YOU for working on this so quickly.

falkenjeff

10-03-2014

I can confirm that I still get random bugsplats in about 1/6 of my games (just like before), and there may also be an increase in loading screen bugsplats.