Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Won a Lot of Normals - Lost a Lot of Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happy Lemon

10-02-2014

I don't know how but I placed into Silver 5. I'm not complaining, but I feel it was completely undeserved lol. Does your normal game mmr affect your placement match mmr? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think I won 2 of my 10 placements. I was sure I'd get at best B3.

I also wouldn't mind making some new friends who are high bronze low silver who want to duo or play some normals. I honestly just really like to play League and am super nice.

RingOfFates

10-02-2014

Quote:
Happy Lemon:
I don't know how but I placed into Silver 5. I'm not complaining, but I feel it was completely undeserved lol. Does your normal game mmr affect your placement match mmr? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think I won 2 of my 10 placements. I was sure I'd get at best B3.

I also wouldn't mind making some new friends who are high bronze low silver who want to duo or play some normals. I honestly just really like to play League and am super nice.

It's based on your performance in the game, If you won like 6 games and lost 4 you will end up bronze 1 or silver 5, it's just on how many wins you won, 10 total wins is gold 5 first time you play ranked, 9 wins is silver 3-silver 1, 8 wins is silver 3-silver 2, 7 wins is silver 5-silver 4, 6 wins is bronze 1-silver 5, 5 wins is bronze 3-bronze 1, 4 wins is bronze 3-bronze 2, 3 wins is bronze 4-bronze 3, 2 wins is the same as the 3 wins, and 1 wins is bronze 5- bronze 4, and 0 wins is bronze 5 tier, hope this helps.

Ninpire

10-02-2014

I thought only your provisionals mattered in ranked :O I'm lvl 29 and as soon as I hit 30 I wanna play ranked to see where I get placed!!! But yeah I don't see how that happened to you

RomanMVP

10-02-2014

provisionals are placement matches

DryJuice

10-02-2014

Most game types have separate MMR. You get your beginning ranked MMR when you play your placement matches. Chances are if you're placed somewhere, that's where you deserve to start--especially if you aren't placed in gold. If you are better than your placement, then you should be able to climb easily.

Best wishes with ranked!

EDIT: Also, you have separate MMR for your solo queue, ranked 3's, and ranked 5's.