Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just bought Yorick..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

360D3GR3SS

Recruiter

10-03-2014

I think the reason he is so strong is because of his sustain. The ghouls are nice but his early sustain makes him stay in lane for soooooooooo long. His ultimate is really good if your carry is doing well too.

Robot Beat Rally

10-06-2014

I also used to play him with more of the support / regen build. Just stay in lane forever and walk away from ganks. Waste a bunch of the enemy jungler's time and never let their top get fed or leave lane.

justasmiff

10-06-2014

Yorick is great. The only problem with him in solo-queue is that his ultimate usually requires someone else to be carrying the game, since you are supposed to build very tanky with him. This may not be as big of a problem from Platinum+, but usually I find myself having to either carry the team or lose the game in anything lower than Gold. This is also why I don't tend to use "good" supports like Leona, Braum, or Janna, since it requires someone else to carry the game for you, so I opt for something like an Annie support and carry the game for myself. However, when I play Ranked 5's or go duo queue with a good buddy of mine who I have faith to do well, supportish champions like Yorick work super well, especially in a "protect the carry" team composition.