Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just bought Yorick..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pr0jectseph

10-02-2014

Do not regret it.
So far I have had such an easy time bullying/cs-denying any top laner I come across.

Even in one game where the teams got stuffed around and I decided to be the nice guy and go bot lane sppt..
Their adc/sppt had to go back to heal 3x in 2 and a half minutes because of the harass.

What I find funny though, is that people were more than willing to accept an AD ziggs like it was fine.

Yet, as soon as they see a Yorick it becomes:
"ewww WTF Yorick gg ..pick another champ you <insert insult>"

And not once did I receive a friendly gank.
And not once did I lose my lane before I pushed the enemy out and took their tower.

Then, when I am smashing people left right and centre, everyone is saying:
"Oh heey Kat, what runes you have? So much dmg"

Nobody went:
"Gee, good work taking that lane you were constantly being ganked in..without any team support Yorick"

Either way, I'm enjoying him.
Pretty overlooked character for low and Mid elo I'd say.

Splougy

10-02-2014

Yea Yorick is great! Faced a Jayce in a ranked match the other day and he spent the entire time raging (He has a toxic advantage over NON-SUSTAIN tops as he can fully heal from nothing in 3 good e casts).

Thats why Rito is going to take this away from us, it's also the only reason he is BANNED FOREVER from the free champ rotation.

Pr0jectseph

10-02-2014

Quote:
Splougy:
Yea Yorick is great! Faced a Jayce in a ranked match the other day and he spent the entire time raging (He has a toxic advantage over NON-SUSTAIN tops as he can fully heal from nothing in 3 good e casts).

Thats why Rito is going to take this away from us, it's also the only reason he is BANNED FOREVER from the free champ rotation.

Really does suck when you have that "hidden gem" character that few others play.
Then they get updated and then everyone plays them. (i.e always banned in ranked or always picked)

Tserris

10-02-2014

He's pretty easy to gank, and without Hard CC he can be pretty hard to gank for. Because of that he is a strong lane bully, for the most part, to compensate.

However he isn't much of a threat outside of the laning phase, being immobile without much range and no hard CC he functions as an inferior Mundo until the time comes to "save" your markman.

I mean, you can win the game by winning the lane phase, but in more drawn out games Yorick can be a detriment.

But hey, no champ is meant to do well at all stages of the game.

Pr0jectseph

10-02-2014

Quote:
Tserris:

But hey, no champ is meant to do well at all stages of the game.

*cough* Yasuo *coughcough*

EndlessSorcerer

10-02-2014

How are you building him? I've played him for a bit and I used:
21/9/0 masteries
AD runes (2 Armor Quints, 1 AtkSpd Quint, Scaling Health Seals, MR or Scaling CDR Glyphs, AD Marks)
Core Items: Manamune, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage, Mercury Treads/Ionian Boots
Starting Items: Cloth Armor + 2 HPotions and 3 MPotions OR Crystaline Flask + 1 HPotion + 2MPotions

Tserris

10-02-2014

Quote:
Pr0jectseph:
*cough* Yasuo *coughcough*

That's a different story lol.

Jbels

10-02-2014

Quote:
Ragnarok93:
21/9/0 masteries
AD runes (2 Armor Quints, 1 AtkSpd Quint, Scaling Health Seals, MR or Scaling CDR Glyphs, AD Marks)
Core Items: Manamune, Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage, Mercury Treads/Ionian Boots
Starting Items: Cloth Armor + 2 HPotions and 3 MPotions OR Crystaline Flask + 1 HPotion + 2MPotions

Go 9/0/21, you'll never die and you can still harrass them out of lane uber hard

Pr0jectseph

10-02-2014

Quote:
Ragnarok93:
21/9/0 masteries

Yea, I'm also doing 21-9-0 masteries.
I have 2 AD Quints and an Ar Pen Quint.
Flat MR Glyphs.
Flat AR seals.
Flat AD Marks.

Some of those choices are by necessity (as I don't have alternative runes such as flat CDR glyphs..which would be nice)

I have been starting crystalline flask and hp/mana pots (depending on who I vs depending on whether I go more Hp or Mana pots).

Core Items: Manamune...lol that's it.

The rest I often build defensively based on the game.

Although, Once I get a chance (if the game drags out) I tend to aim for a Triforce.
(Though by that stage I'm usually decked with boots/Manamune/Spirit Visage/Sunfire or Frozen Heart)

Again, really depends on the game.

And most games have been won/lost by the time my Manamune even upgrades.

Quote:
Jbels:
Go 9/0/21, you'll never die and you can still harrass them out of lane uber hard

I don't doubt it.
Though I find that extra power to force out of lane has been amazing using the AD masteries.
Every game..Nasus..Trynd..it doesn't matter. They all walk away with their tail between their legs before I've even burned out my crystalline flask stacks.

Might not "last as long", but with the starting flask and pots..you certainly last long enough. (And the fact I role Teleport, I can get in and out quickly enough.
But, and most importantly, I have the hurting power to make the enemy too scared to come near the minions.

Now, I am a sh!t cs'er. I'll admit that.
But with Yorick, I haven't been out-cs'ed at ANY stage of the laning phase.
Usually have doubled the enemies CS score.

And I can mainly attribute that to the fact they are too scared to come in as the damage from a W,E burst keeps them at bay.
(a W,Q,E burst often sends them running to their tower)

Sleeper Cell

10-03-2014

In low and mid ELO all you have is sheep trying to copy the pros. Yeah what the pros do work, but you also have to understand that that's in the highest level tournament games made of premade teams that pick champions for the team comp and not individual champion strength alone. Basically, more than what is being shown in World's is perfectly viable in solo Q. Yorick definitely being one of them.

I myself like playing AD Yorick because of how silly and surprising the damage is. 1st items Tear and Trinity and max Q for super speedy Yorickness. Noone ever expects it so it makes it more viable than it should be xD