Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ban because of server crashing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tropic Storm

10-02-2014

This is getting ridiculous,

I have had more then enough experience getting banned because of actual reasons like leaving games and going AFK. But in the past at least 25 games that I have played I have only gone AFK once, I was playing Lucian if you want to check.

In the past maybe 15 games the server has crashed multiple times forcing me to be AFK or leave the game so that I could come back and reconnect so that I could actually play the game like the last game I played before getting banned as Sejuani.

Now before anyone goes and says that the leaver buster program allows leniency because of service issues, I have only LEFT GAMES BECAUSE OF SERVER CRASHES. It is not my internet as my friend that just moved in with me is on the exact same internet connection when this happens so this isn't my issue it is the servers and I have been banned for 7 days because of this. If intentionally going AFK once in atleast 25 games deserves even being banned that's a joke.

This is ridiculous that I have to deal with a 7 day ban because of server issues....

Tropic Storm

10-02-2014

When the server crashes I leave so that I can reconnect instead of sitting in the game window and waiting for ten minutes while it says reconnecting..................................................................................................................................... and then never reconnects me.

Verideathul

10-02-2014

Quote:
Tropic Storm:

Now before anyone goes and says that the leaver buster program allows leniency because of service issues, I have only LEFT GAMES BECAUSE OF SERVER CRASHES. It is not my internet as my friend that just moved in with me is on the exact same internet connection when this happens so this isn't my issue it is the servers and I have been banned for 7 days because of this. If intentionally going AFK once in atleast 25 games deserves even being banned that's a joke.

This is ridiculous that I have to deal with a 7 day ban because of server issues....

A seven day ban NEVER occurs because of solely server crashes. In order to get a 7 day ban you'd have to have used up all of the leniency and gone through: 1) a warning, 2) a one day ban, 3) a three day ban, 4) a five day ban, and 5) now a seven day ban. If all of these were really on Riot's end, you'd see everyone coming forward with 7 day bans or 5 day bans under Leaverbuster.

Tropic Storm

10-02-2014

Except under no circumstance did I ever get a warning either and you can check my match history to see how many games that I have left. The only time I leave a game is to reconnect cause the game crashes, and like I said I only intentionally went AFK once then came back to the game regardless.

Tropic Storm

10-02-2014

And I know its the server crashing because when it happens the ping sets itself to 500 each and every time and like I said earlier my friend is on the same internet I am on.

Tropic Storm

10-02-2014

I never received 1)a warning, 2)a one day ban, 3)a three day ban, 4)a five day ban, it just gave me an automatic 7 day ban

DannyQuest

10-02-2014

Since the latest update I have constantly been disconnected from games, I have never had a problem with AFK, but since the most recent patch i have been getting Dced and it says attempting to reconnect, my connection is strong, youtubes music still running, game wont connect, the only way to connect is to log off and back on .. this happened 10-25 games some i come back and win, leaver buster first 1 day now 3, can someone help me fix this issue ?

Miel Vanhaider

Recruiter

10-02-2014

I've gotten this reconnecting issue before as well, it is certainly the client and I'm sure we aren't alone in this. I got a day ban for this issues. What bothers me is players can't seem to understand we all have problems with the client like this at one point. I was playing as Soraka, I was playing actively and helping the team when I got the attempting to reconnect issue. It never stopped or reconnected me. I waited for at least twenty minutes till I made it leave cause the game was surely over and then I got banned of course as it was 3 games I had trouble with out of around 7 of today I did. I did get one warning after 2 afk games, then 1 good game, and then of course the fourth a DC game which got me the ban. Is really unfair how it's not recognized how this crashes occur from server wise.

LittleLyndis

10-04-2014

Quote:
DannyQuest:
Since the latest update I have constantly been disconnected from games, I have never had a problem with AFK, but since the most recent patch i have been getting Dced and it says attempting to reconnect, my connection is strong, youtubes music still running, game wont connect, the only way to connect is to log off and back on .. this happened 10-25 games some i come back and win, leaver buster first 1 day now 3, can someone help me fix this issue ?

I am literally having this exact same problem. My internet connection is fine but the game keeps disconnecting. The only way to become active again is to close the client and reopen it. I waited out a 24 hour ban, played one game, crashed again, and now I'm banned for 3 days. I'm a little irritated, to say the least.

Tropic Storm

10-05-2014

What's most frustrating is that leaver buster is there to punish players that leave games or go AFK cause it ruins it for the whole team because having your whole team there is so important, but the fact that none of us left on purpose and are getting disconnected by the game client is frustrating because so far there's nothing that I can do about it, and lets face it I play a lot of league so one week banned without warning without any shorter bans to start really irritates me.