Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips for a noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SynergyGarenNA

10-02-2014

Hi, I'm a lvl 25 and I'm getting anxious for ranked queue, below is a playlist of some plays I've done. Any tips or pointers you guys can give me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8cyawRrguE&list=PLVLf652HG_1RmH-WI9cPsjfHlJ3eI5c_z&index=6

Toadking140

Recruiter

10-02-2014

oooookkkkkk SO first thing i can say is and i cant say this enough as soon as you hit 30 DONT PLAY RANKED.
i say this not because you're bad (you could be an LCS level support) i say this because you need to have a few things down before even thinking about rank queing (if you want to be placed above bronze if you dont care about where you are placed than you can stop reading here). First and this i prob one of the biggest things i saw when i first started Learn to play EVERY role no matter what. if you are a lcs level support Good for you but if you cant go anywhere else and your team has two lcs supports you are prob gona loose. Second if you are toxic you will lose. its as simple as that I have people on my friendslist who could prob be in hi plat low diamond cuz their plays are good but they are so toxic it is impossible for them to climb the ladder. Third learn to cs propperly if you cant last hit well and you just always push you will get punished for it. The list goes ON and ON and i dont reallllllly want to type every hint ive learned over the years so if you are truly interested in what ive said go ahead and add me ign i am always up to teach people and i am extremely friendly IGN= Toadking140

Ninpire

10-02-2014

^ honestly I was expecting you to talk about runes and stuff but if that's it I'm gonna play ranked as soon as I hit 30!!!

Mich567

10-02-2014

No, that is not it.
You also need to have good mechanics and a great amount of experience playing your champion to succeed. I'm talking 100+ games with specific champions if you really want to rank up efficiently.
Yes, runes are important. You should wait for them, but significantly more important are game knowledge and experience. It is very important to be able to play multiple champions for each role and so many things just come from experience, which generally doesn't come from levels 1-30.

CrimsonVenom

10-02-2014

^Chill dude; to summarise, ranked is hard. It is frustrating, annoying and sometimes completely stupid. However, ranked can be fun too. There are less trolls in ranked than in normals, and everyone is trying their best. Just don't be toxic and you'll get on fine

CrimsonVenom

10-02-2014

Oh sorry I was talking about Toadking- xDDD

ConceptStyx

10-03-2014

Ok I will tell the mistakes I made when I started ranked as soon as I hit lvl 30.
1. Get at least 1 rune page for each role
2. Have at least 3 champions you are comfortable with each role, and 25-40 champions total, It might seem like a lot, but the way some of the low elo picks & bans go...... (I was in a game where 5 jungle champs were banned once)

Jim The Guy

10-03-2014

You really shouldn't stress over ranked. Anything Silver 4 or lower is actually easier than normals in my opinion. To start off, you only need the two basic rune pages. AD quints, 3 AS marks, 6. AD marks, 9 armor seals, and 9 m. resist glyphs for AD and 3 AP quints, 9 magic pen marks, 9 armor seals and 9 m.resist glyphs for AP. You can get more rune pages as you get more IP. Being comfortable with 3 champions for each role is a good enough. You definitely do not need 25 - 40 champions. The main thing you have to work on if you want to get past silver is your decision making. I can say that ALMOST EVERYONE who is stuck in low elo is stuck due to their terrible decision making. Just watch a few streams (doesn't really have to be that many or for that long), to get a glimpse of how diamond/challenger players make decisions if you really want to improve.