Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rune Upgrade Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sirendipity

10-02-2014

Hello everyone! Wasn't sure where to submit this so I'm just gonna throw it here.

I have an idea that so that you don't have to feel like tier 1 and tier 2 runes are a waste of ip at early account levels. Perhaps add a way of "upgrading" or "trading" them as you level up to the next tier of runes.

Example: Lesser Mark of Attack Speed is 30 ip at tier 1, and 165 ip at tier 2. Maybe you can incorporate a way of only paying the difference in price or even paying less.

I know at early levels for new players, the point is really just to get the hang of the game, but once youre 12~20, you already have a pretty good idea of what you're doing i think so this would be good for those people. And for people smurfing too i think

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobojeb

10-02-2014

I have a better idea: remove Runes completely, or make them free. It's unlikely though, Riot's too greedy to change the old, dumb, and annoying runes system that makes them money. They basically want you to pay for runes with IP so you don't have anymore left for champions. Seriously, it makes me want to play Dota 2 just thinking about these runes or masteries. This game should be about skill, not some stats customization you don't have currency to pay for.