Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for some Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyris14

10-02-2014

Hello all,

I started playing League a little over a month ago and I've been enjoying the game while I continue to learn the ins and outs of things (I'm still leveling).

Currently my favorite champ is Darius; he was one of the free champs the week after I started playing the game and I liked him enough that I saved up the IP and purchased him and have been using him as my main top lane champ.

I've looked around at a lot of different guides for him (mostly on mobafire and I do the same for every champ that I've bought and tried to learn) but opinions seem to vary pretty significantly, for better or worse; so I thought I'd ask here if I was on to something with an item build that I worked up (I don't know if anybody else uses this but I didn't copy it from some other place) and see if it actually would work at max level ranked or if I've just gotten lucky while leveling:

End Build (listed in no particular order):
-(I start with Doran's Shield though I eventually sell it)
-Ravenous Hydra
-Mercury Treads (alacrity enchantment)
-Randuin's Omen
-Spirit Visage
-The Bloodthirster
-Maw of Malmortius

Obviously the build order depends on who you're facing, but the build seems to have a good mix of survivability and damage output considering that other teams love to focus me first during team fights while I'm playing Darius (really annoying actually, lol). The Bloodthirster benefits from the AoEs of the Hydra and from Darius himself (though I don't know if the bleeds count towards lifesteal) and the lifesteal is boosted by a good amount by the Spirit Visage; and on top of it, I seem to be extremely difficult to burst down because of the Bloodthirster's shield and Maw's shield.

Anyway, is this terrible or do yall think this is worth continuing to use as I get closer to level 30 and start doing ranked?

vortical42

10-03-2014

Most of that looks pretty solid other than the BT. It is actually not a bad item on him, but as your opponents get better you will find it much harder to keep that shield up. The other issue is the fact that most of your damage comes from your abilities (which do NOT give you lifesteal). If you want another damage item for him, why not go for a Black Cleaver? You get health, CDR, and most importantly Armor Pen.

Nyris14

10-05-2014

Thanks for the reply.

I actually didn't know that abilities didn't count towards lifesteal; though that actually explains why some champs build it and some don't, thanks for that.

As for the the change; why the Cleaver? I've read that people don't like it anymore, do you know what the reason for that is?

Heru

10-05-2014

The cleaver synegizes extremely well with darius because of his passive and ult. Remember that the cleaver reduces their armor by 5% for 4 secs and it stacks up to 5 times (25% armor reduction).
Your passive (hemorrage) also stacks 5 times and your ultimate deals more damage if fully stacked. 5 stacks on your passive AND 25% armor reduction from the fully stacked cleaver can pretty much burst down your opponent.