Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team Fight Practice for ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akimasu

10-02-2014

So, I lane like a plat and team fight like a bronze. What do? ._.

To go into a little more depth, I've been playing LoL for a while and I've gotten pretty decent at laning as an ADC. As Lucian, I regularly go even or slightly win against my Diamond 1 friend with his plat 5 support(I was running with a bronze 4 support, but she's really not that bad). However, then we go into team fights.. I go from 3 - 0 to 7 - 9 by the end of the game. In this particular game, Diana, Zed and Irelia made my life a living hell.

However, even without divey champions like that, I constantly find myself constantly either playing WAY too safe(getting 0 auto attacks off) or simply dying 5 seconds into the fight.

I'm a gold 5 player who depreciated to Silver 2, In equal level games I find myself doing(in general) just fine in pretty much any role, usually better than the average player of my division. However, when playing with inhouse plat & diamond players, I simply have no idea what to do. I know they're better than me - but I'd like to be able to match them.

Tips?

Rawrful

10-02-2014

Very, very normal issue. This happens because no matter what else happens in a game, you are going to spend ~15+ minutes laning. Every game. Always. And often it is similar matchups. So you learn and get better at it fast. But team fights are way more complicated, and way harder. Balancing damage with surviving, positioning so you team can help you (Or so you drag the enemy away so your team can win without you). Also, mechanics become uber important for ADCs in team fights. Perfect kiting is way more important with an assassin and a bruiser chasing you.

The best thing I can suggest is to watch the better players, take some notes, then just keep grinding away at it while trying to remember those notes. Team fights happen fast enough that you don't have time to think about what you are doing. So you really just need to do it another thousand times.

Last night I had the pleasure of watching a Blue Ezreal kill a 1000+ stack full item raid boss Nasus in multiple team fights. He had amazing mechanics, and total faith in them.

Supa Ramza

10-02-2014

My advice, make a new account with only ADCs you play or want to play and farm ARAMs for a while. Once you get to around level 10-15 you should be matched with players around your skill level.

Yes, there will be many games with mostly poke champions only but there many games with assassins, and dive base champions that will give you great practice.

I also had trouble playing too safe or going all in, into a team fight with bad positioning, and also had problems seeing through the cluster during a team fight a well. ARAM really help me figure out this issues.

Furthermore, download LoL Replay and watch your games where you messed up in team fights. Learning from your mistakes will help you not make them the next time.

That OP Smurf

10-02-2014

QSS/BANSHESS
/thread