Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Silver 4 looking for advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNSGx Mendal

10-02-2014

I'm currently a Silver 4 player. Starting off in my placement matches I went 6/10 and was placed in Bronze 4. I was so pissed that I took a break from ranked and started some Draft normals. After that break I came back and went on a 16 game win streak. I was able to skip Bronze 2 and go right into B1. once reaching that position I was the top player in that bracket for about a week. I wasn't happy, I was still in Bronze. I played over 5 series of promos before getting into Silver. On that note I never gave up and kept a positive attitude, so I'm sure that helped me. Now that I'm in Silver I'm just wanting some advice. I'd really like to reach Gold. So if there is some advice you can give me that I probably haven't heard before I would appreciate it. I main mid lane if that helps with anything. I main 3 mid champs, Ziggs, Veigar, and Diana. I also play some mid Pantheon to mix it up when we have an AP top laner to balance the AD to AP ratio on our team. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

ConceptStyx

10-02-2014

Lol I went 2-7 and got placed in s5

Furge

10-02-2014

I don't play much mid so I can't really give any tips on that lane beyond what you already know, just some overall tips.

First and most importantly, wards. Don't flame your support for lack of vision, they can only have 3 stealth wards and 1 vision ward active at any given time. It is now up to the entire team to get vision, and vision wins games. The amount of people that don't buy wards is so ridiculous that I'm often asked if I'm a smurf just because I buy wards lol.

Second, objective control. Generally this is the objective priority: Nexus > inhibitors > baron > towers > dragon > kills. Obviously the objective you should push is situational, but generally speaking this is a good way to prioritize what to go for.

Third, farm is op. 20 cs equates to a kill on an enemy that isn't doing poorly. Just 20 cs. 2 waves and wraiths and you may as well have just killed your enemy. As a carry you should almost always be looking to farm, and as a mid laner the only player who gets farm priority over you is your adc, unless they're garbage or trolling.

Uhh that should be a decent foundation to start from. Maybe YouTube Foxdrop and Phy, they make great instructional videos, and of course pro streams

tru7th

10-02-2014

The secret is to not die.

WoundedGazelle

10-03-2014

ONTOP OF WHAT FURGE SAID WHICH WAS REALLY GOOD Some good advice is dedication you had dedication to get out of bronze do the same for silver and you'll be out of there in no time :P another thing is Good cs (80 by 10minutes is pretty good :P) So yeah! The real secret to climbing is dedication and getting better, look at every loss as something to learn what did you do wrong? How could you have done better? Ask yourself questions like that. BUT not all games are winnable So don't beat yourself up take a break if you lose more than you win :P

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

wow lot of good things i read on here. gazelle, being the closest one im going to give props too on what hes saying. and the other and better being FURGE.

about the only thing i can say is if you find a friend who can play with you and has the same dedication it will make life so much easier. that way you always have 1 person you can count on.

and if your really wanting to improve find a coach. someone who is high elo and who will happily teach you how to be better. i have a good friend name zellieth who runs a twitch stream and does this. im sure he would be happy to teach u as well.