Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is the meta fluctuating towards ad assassins again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOL olaf SUCKS

10-02-2014

It could just be me but more than half the games I play now I dont even have a real tank and it doesn't even worry me. A good portion of the games I play I have no ap as well, just 3 ad assassins like riven top, zed mid, and yi or kha jungle something of that sort. Something isn't right like I just got done playing a game like this on my friends account, riven zed fiora jungle and their jungle was rammus, it was 4v5 and we were losing bad and they all stacked armor and we stacked armor pen and for some reason we just started winning team fights like our armor pen botrk etc >>>> their armor, their gold lead, and player advantage. If anyone has any insight I'd be really interested in hearing it. I remember there was a point in the meta if my entire team was ad and no tank Id dodge without thinking twice. Ive noticed I have been winning a ridiculous amount of games with riven, zed is doing really well too, some ad jungle assassins are taking off again like kha, and it seems like nobody plays the typical tank tops anymore like shyv and renekton. What the hell is up with this?

Furge

10-02-2014

I don't like matches where I don't have a true tank and the general traditional meta, but when you have 2-3 assassins it makes it very easy to jump in and blow up their adc and then their next highest damage and then back out. Who cares about trying to kill rammus when their carries are down and you have free reign to knock down towers and inhibs?

LOL olaf SUCKS

10-02-2014

that's very true maybe they just have too much mobility and ability to swoop in and out without taking cc or damage. Here's another example of what I'm talking about though I just finished this game like 5 minutes ago

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566116591/45768377

PimperGnome

10-02-2014

People just aren't picking counters would be my guess. That...and exhaust. That's why so many people stopped playing AD assassins to begin with...half the opposing team starting running with exhaust and turning the lethal gang of assassins into cotton candy.

For instance Riven is exceptionally weak against Kennen...not to mention his stun potential in team fights can absolutely cripple an assassin heavy team.

Look at what you just posted...Zed counters Syndra, Draven counters Corki, and that Leona support is going to be able to stomp against that corki/Lux. You're just running into a string of people probably picking bad champs into your team comp combined with the whole exhaust issue. That was always what people used to do against Zed in mid...was just counter him with an exhaust...it's why he fell out of favor for quite some time.

LOL olaf SUCKS

10-03-2014

That was very insightful is kennen viable in the current meta? Or does he get countered easily as well?

PimperGnome

10-03-2014

Kennen's viable...he's not the strongest but you'll see him on occasion...mostly as top as a counter pick. I see him creep into the occasional mid and even on support a few days ago in a challenger game. You'll see him more in the bronze-plat range of games and not so much diamond + as he's not amongst the top tier or probably second tier of champs. He definitely has a place though in specific counters and team comps.

Echo5kw

10-03-2014

as an aside, you don't pick kennen for his pure damage output (though he does a good chunk of damage). You pick kennen because he can turn team fights almost instantly.
riot's been shifting balance since the beginning toward damage outscaling defense. This is so teams cant stagnate games by just stacking defense.

as to the rest, kha is always a threat because of his isolation. zed's always been good, exhaust hurt him harder than most anyone, but smart zed players still abused him. talon still has stupid burst. so, yes, and no, ad assassins are just benifitting from a shift away from lb/akali more than anything.