Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

At my whits end

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacDougal Li

10-02-2014

Today, I was broken by this game.

I have been playing League for nearly 6 months now. Over the course of this time, I have been frequently using the same Champion....mostly Rumble. Others being Ahri, Lux. In order to verify that I dont suck...my friends took me on a "journey"

Today I did four 1v1's and lost all of them
Today I continued on to suffer my 12 loss in a row for ranked
Today I went into 2 normal games.....1 was Ahri v Kat and I fed the mid game, the enemy had a dcd jg, and we lost. The other was Rumble v Vayne in the top lane...where she killed me 30 seconds after minions reached lane in 4 basic attacks

I do not lie when I say that in Every game over the past 2 weeks I have been criticized by both teammate and opponent alike by my inability to succeed in team fights or in lane....
Even as I play, in clutch moments I get all twitchy and start hitting buttons...I never use active items correctly..

I can barley kite. Barely
My cs is garbage in every game in every role...and yes, I have been practicing...with no improvements. Its under 50.
In all of my provisional games, I only went positive once....and that was only after an accidental triple kill in the mid game
I have never ever carried a game. Ever
Champions I have been playing since the start are not better than when I started. I lose to people I counter, and if I don't lose, I trade.

I am at a loss.I love the game and I ove the fact that my best friend in the world plays it with me....but I dont want him to lose anymore...and I dont want to lose anymore.....

Retrovidya

10-02-2014

Sometimes it's good to just take a break from the game that way you keep yourself from going on a continuous tilt. I also recommend just playing something laid back such as bots or an ARAM where you can play silly to have some fun and remove that stress. If you are able to run it I recommend taking a look at LoLReply that way you can record a few games and just take a look at things you can improve on. Take breaks before each game as well that way you can find something relaxing to do that keeps your stress level down. The biggest advice I can give as well while losing really does suck and no one wants to lose especially in ranked just have fun with it even if you are feeding (not intentionally of course). I find that I play my very best when I just have fun and laugh at my own misplays and tell the enemy team they did a good job that play. Really, hope that some of this may help you.

Rawrful

10-02-2014

Find a player significantly better than you (Go with at least gold, preferably higher), get on voice chat with them, and have them 1v1 you. Not to prove dominance. Not to kill you. But so they can see what you are doing in lane and tweak what you're doing. They can give you advice on zone control, how to time your last hits, all that good stuff. Stuff that can't be explained fast enough in chat.

After than, play a bunch of Normal Draft games (Or Teambuilder if you want to practice a specific champion in a specific spot) and try to put into use what you learned. Rather than just grind games, stop after every game and think about exactly what you could have done better, write it down on a sticky note, and slap it down next to you so next game you remember what to focus on. Then stop worrying about everything else in the game, and just get that one aspect up to the level you want it. Sometimes it is really hard to focus on one thing with an entire game going on around you. So you can even do stuff like making a custom game on Rift against a bot (Or even without a bot) and just practice farming. Do it until you can get every minion every wave without issues. Add in a bot, get every minion every wave. Repeat until you are comfortable and don't even have to think about it.

This is how training for pretty much every sport and game is done. Focus on a specific thing, starting from the easiest version, and slowly work it up to harder. Then incorporate it into the game. Just playing a ton will eventually get you there, but specific practice makes that way faster.

MacDougal Li

10-02-2014

I can run it, ya. I am a pc gamer first after all

I really appreciate both of your responses. Last night I was in such a bad state of mind

Thank you

Whoa There Betsy

10-02-2014

Just practice more in normals man league is a hard game to master. Keep your head up bud!

DyingParadox

10-02-2014

Quote:
Retrovidya:
Sometimes it's good to just take a break from the game that way you keep yourself from going on a continuous tilt. I also recommend just playing something laid back such as bots or an ARAM where you can play silly to have some fun and remove that stress. If you are able to run it I recommend taking a look at LoLReply that way you can record a few games and just take a look at things you can improve on. Take breaks before each game as well that way you can find something relaxing to do that keeps your stress level down. The biggest advice I can give as well while losing really does suck and no one wants to lose especially in ranked just have fun with it even if you are feeding (not intentionally of course). I find that I play my very best when I just have fun and laugh at my own misplays and tell the enemy team they did a good job that play. Really, hope that some of this may help you.

Best idea I've heard in ages.

That OP Smurf

10-02-2014

Im telling you might not believe this but it worked for me watch streams such as nightblue/imaqtpie they stream almost 24/7 and it helped me and helped alot of people by just watching make clutch plays and how they cs and how they freeze the lane and how they recover after a loss. and remember they lose alot aswell thats why watching them is good because they show you how they recovered from a first blood

Mich567

10-02-2014

I don't really have any new gameplay advice to give, but good luck, have fun, and keep on going.

DryJuice

10-02-2014

Just chill dude. I've been playing this game for almost three years. The best thing you can realize is that some days you'll win 7 in a row and have a 10/1/10 KDA. Other days you'll just feed, feed, feed, and lose almost every game. Every player has their ups and downs. You have to realize that the more you play, the better you'll get--but not if you're playing on tilt every game.

MarhsallLee67

10-02-2014

Was the pun in the title intentional or did you not even think about it?