Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed vs Yasuo matchup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiritun

10-01-2014

What can I do as Zed to win against Yasuo? I just faced this matchup and got completely destroyed. Yasuo's shield blocked all the damage of Q, I couldn't even go in to farm because AA + Q dealt so much damage to me, and then he could just continously harass me with the Q's tornado, all while pushing the lane.

So how should I play the next time I'm against Yasuo? Which skill should I max first and which items (starting and first few) should I get?

Echo5kw

10-01-2014

Zed's q is on, what, a 3 second cool down? Yasuo's wall is on like a 23 second cool down?

Just read what I just wrote, then re-evaluate your position.

In answer to your question, you have as much mobility as he does, if not more since it's not dependent on minions to give you places to go. Max q, like always, keep your shadow on cool down until he starts coming after you. don't hide in minions, stay away from them. Stay mobile. You have better wave clear early as zed than yasuo does. You have better, and more consistent poke. Utilize it.

Yasuo is GREAT against squishy, stationary champs. Mages. Like vel'koz, or brand. He fails against mobile champs that have easy to hit poke with follow, like zed.

Kew

Recruiter

10-01-2014

its all about positioning and harassing. you have to outplay the yasuo in order to win, either way it goes as a skill matchup for both people playing. If you can position yourself to the point where you can damage him and not take any in return , then you can easily kill him or make him go back to base and you get a lead. then just use that lead, play smart and continue to do what your doing as long as its working.

Ph34rM3333

10-01-2014

Quote:
Echo5kw:
Zed's q is on, what, a 3 second cool down? Yasuo's wall is on like a 23 second cool down?

what you wrote has nothing to do with his post. he never mentioned wind wall, he was referring to the passive shield

he's still wrong and the passive shield only "blocks all q damage" if you land about 3% of them, but he didn't discuss wind wall at all

Spiritun

10-02-2014

Quote:
Echo5kw:

In answer to your question, you have as much mobility as he does, if not more since it's not dependent on minions to give you places to go. Max q, like always, keep your shadow on cool down until he starts coming after you. don't hide in minions, stay away from them. Stay mobile. You have better wave clear early as zed than yasuo does. You have better, and more consistent poke. Utilize it.

Yasuo is GREAT against squishy, stationary champs. Mages. Like vel'koz, or brand. He fails against mobile champs that have easy to hit poke with follow, like zed.

Zed's Q has a 6 second cooldown...

Furge

10-02-2014

When you're against a yasuo, try to bully him 1-3 before he gets wind wall. If you force him to level wind wall at 3 instead of 4 you become much stronger for that level with a fairly large window to bully him even more. Everytime his passive shield comes up you gotta land a hit on him to break it. Maybe throw a shadow towards him, E, and thn throw a Q once his shield dissolves. If your minions aren't around you can even swap to your shadow and get free damage on him; he will have nothing to dash through and his Q is on a fairly long cd early on considering how vital it is for trades

ConceptStyx

10-02-2014

The secret to winning lane with zed is hitting lvl 6 first

Echo5kw

10-03-2014

oops, did misread that. Regardless, the trick to beating yasuo is always poppy the shield followed up with poke once the shield expires. zed's got the tools to do it, pop with a q, then follow up with shadow and another q. zed has an advantage over most mages in that he can all in at six even if yasuo is at near full health and still probably pull off a win (that level six burst).

RIORYDER

10-04-2014

zed wins unless yasuo is extremely skilled.