Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Refuses to go into Loading Screen after Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cordelia Gallo

Recruiter

10-01-2014

For the last couple days, after a few days of my client crashing due to whatever bug was found, whenever I get past champ select, it freezes on the black screen just before the "loading screen" and won't let me alt-tab out. I've had to restart every single time this happens and I've even left it like that overnight to see if it'll eventually load/crash but it doesn't. It's just stuck. Also it says that I'm in game even though this happens. I've tested this out three times and then I repaired my client and tested it and I've even reinstalled the game and then tried. Same thing every time.

Better Ban Sona

10-01-2014

Quote:
Cordelia Gallo:
For the last couple days, after a few days of my client crashing due to whatever bug was found, whenever I get past champ select, it freezes on the black screen just before the "loading screen" and won't let me alt-tab out. I've had to restart every single time this happens and I've even left it like that overnight to see if it'll eventually load/crash but it doesn't. It's just stuck. Also it says that I'm in game even though this happens. I've tested this out three times and then I repaired my client and tested it and I've even reinstalled the game and then tried. Same thing every time.

Untimely log out on skype, so here's that link in case you missed it

http://status.leagueoflegends.com/?en_US#na

Space PiIot 3000

10-02-2014

Quote:
Cordelia Gallo:

I've had the same problem since patch 4.16. I haven't loaded a champion on my mac in over 3 weeks. If you press ENTER a couple times after it freezes it will alt tab and give you a bug splat. You can also command+alt+esc to alt out of the frozen screen.

EmperorZebra

10-02-2014

same here. happened since 4.16. i contacted riot support on twitter to shine some light on it. so hoping they fix it soon.

Danz Friend

10-03-2014

I have the same issue, really hope they will fix this!