Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@ lyte a good question or two for ya.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-01-2014

Quote:
Aylywyn:
Retaliation is NOT allowed according to Riot's policy. It's the whole "He started it!" argument that you learned was wrong in kindergarten.

Interestingly, I was taught in kindergarten that that exact argument didn't hold any water.

I mean, I didn't realize that's what I was learning, but I did learn it.

Kid:"Teacher, he bit me!"
Me: "He bit me first!"
Teacher: "Kid, did you bite Jubb?"
K: "... yeah..."
T: "Jubb, did you bite Kid?"
M: "... yeah..."
T: "Alright, corners, both of you."

BillyTheAttorney

10-01-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
It's funny you put sticking up for yourself as a "real man" line. I feel everyone should be able to stick up for themselves. If you believe differently, I feel sorry for your children. The world is not going to get better.

What it comes down to is whiners not being able to deal with two people arguing. Ignoring a bully until the victim is forced to stick up for them self, and then punishing the victim. Since when should an online argument cause months of distress? Please. People like you have made this what it is.

Every day I watch men and women "stick up for themselves" by lashing out at people they want to control. In other words, "He/She disrespected me, so what did they expect?"

I sat in a room and I made a 16 year old read the posts he left on Facebook and Twitter for the unpopular kid in school aloud for his parents and a judge, before that he begged me not to because he was afraid that his mother "would punish him" later.

I had a man defend his actions that he was allowed to beat his wife into the hospital because "the Bible told him to."

My office gets death threats on a weekly basis from disgruntled husbands whom have lost custody of their children because of their alcoholism. I have mothers that neglect their babies because they want to get laid come at me the following day with a knife.

You'll forgive me if I'm not swayed by "I make life better by sticking up against toxic people in a video game by putting them in their place, and I shouldn't be punished for it" as a persuasive argument. As for ruining society? I'm much, much further on the list than many others.

However, since we're talking "real men" things. Real men keep their agreements.

1) I want to play a video game.
2) In order to play this video game, I have to agree to certain rules.
3) I choose to agree to these rules. I may not agree with these rules, but in order to play this game I will abide by them.
4) I have (unintentionally/intentionally) broken these rules.

5) Therefore I should A) Be held accountable for breaking these rules, which I did not have to agree to but I did. or B) Whine because I only agree to these rules to play the game, and they're stupid rules so I shouldn't be punished.

I see a lot of Column B from you. But that's okay. I see a lot of Column B on a normal day.

Impulse zabloN

10-01-2014

First, you have to define toxicity. There's quite a difference between death threats, racism, etc and calling someone a noob or a feeder or telling them they suck.

If you can't handle that and you consider that 'toxic' (which many of the emo children that play this game now do) you need to move out of your moms basement and look at the real world. The reporting system has become a joke because it's simply a crutch now. The ignore button is there for a reason.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-01-2014

Quote:
Impulse zabloN:
First, you have to define toxicity. There's quite a difference between death threats, racism, etc and calling someone a noob or a feeder or telling them they suck.

If you can't handle that and you consider that 'toxic' (which many of the emo children that play this game now do) you need to move out of your moms basement and look at the real world. The reporting system has become a joke because it's simply a crutch now. The ignore button is there for a reason.

I consider all of what you listed toxic, to varying degrees.

I'm 33 years old. I didn't just move out of my mom's basement, I moved out of state. I've been living in the "real world" for quite some time now, and what I've discovered?

In the real world, you don't get to be a jerk to people without repercussions. There are always consequences. And here, in League, the consequence of threatening, bullying, or harassing people is that you don't get to play the game for a while.

jeelwan

10-02-2014

For your first question a general answer wont suffice. The human brain is like a finger print, everyone's is different and unique especially when it comes to personalities. Some people get ticked and become toxic because they are behind even if they are doing there best they cant accept that the other person may just be better. Some people become toxic if their team mates aren't at the same skill level as the player and blame them for everything. Some people just start that game toxic. Maybe it was a bad day or that's how they usually are but i highly doubt lyte can give you a guaranteed answer on when exactly people become toxic but he may have some number on at what time do majority of people become toxic e.g. at the 7 minute mark.

PyschoticOctave

10-04-2014

Quote:
VK Ultimacloud:
I got this message from support due to your 2 week suspension ordeal and I have some serious questions regarding this.

As a new initiative to reduce the amount of toxicity within League of Legends, we’ve recently begun to audit players’ accounts for extreme cases of toxic behavior. Every account punished by this system was personally reviewed by someone at Riot to ensure accuracy.

After having reviewed your account, the decision to issue a 2-week suspension was made due to the extreme cases of toxicity we found. This type of toxic behavior has no place in League of Legends, and we will continue to punish players who exhibit this behavior.

Ok so I was toxic guess I will take that and say ok maybe I was being toxic not going to argue that fact and these questions aren't even about this happening to me.

Now question #1 lyte why do you think a player becomes toxic ? at any point during a game ? does a player just suddenly decide he wants to be pissed at the world for no reason and decides to rant at someone for it ? I will answer it for you its the trolls. And I have seen your post about trolls and that us yelling at them makes it worse so ok I understand.

But what I don't understand is the fact you say these people get banned when 1 week later I see the same dude doing the same ****. Example look at the current ban wave that just occoured you have who knows how many players actually got that 2 week or permaban but anyhow. You look in the forum and all you see is oh I was banned for being toxic and yelling at players.... what do you not see ? oh I was banned for trolling. Why because your not banning them..... were being banned while they go onto troll the next game and the next one.

Now say you say we are banning the trolls trust us we do it it happens all the time. Well lyte as of today I haven't seen less trolls in game in fact it still happens all the time. Would you like me to record some games when I get off my 2 week ban and show u recorded matches of the trolls ? you know what you don't see alot of ? is ppl being toxic verbally because they are getting banned like hotcakes. What I am getting at is the impact is on the verbally abusive and not the ingame toxic type players who incite this verbal abuse in the 1st place. The troll is allowed to thrive while the person angry because of it is no longer allowed to play thus ensuring the trolls victory and satisfaction in his desire to be a ****** bag.

GJ riot. So question 2 is so is it ok to be a troll ? can I stand in the middle of the map and troll others promos and die 10 times and kill noone and just farm the entire game or dance all over the map only to watch them get banned because they yell at me and I get my lulz ? cause from what I am reading on the forums this seems to be the case.

Now why is it you choose to ban the players who get upset and choose to remove that toxic issue. But yet you fail to remove the most toxic player of all and ban the cause of the toxicity in this game
the TROLLS who plague this game and cost us our matches causing us to get pissed off in the 1st place.

Why are thousands of us punished for calling someone bad or yelling at a player whos sitting in place with another player making it look like lux is giving tryndamere a *******.... why arent those ppl banned. Or the ones who just stand in lane and willingly die 10 times a game and then get reported for intentionally feeding but yet I see them in game 3 days later doing the same damn thing.

I litterally reported to you a person hacking ur game just recently and I added him on my friends list just to see if he would be punished and you know what ? hes STILL PLAYING why arent these ppl punished ???

Literally this happened in aram with a yorick who had untargetable ghouls that could stay on u hit u all day and you cannot target or harm them in any way they would simply deal u dmg over and over and you could do nothing but watch he even had them take down our towers because towers couldnt target them so ya. Yet this person is still playing as we speak.

Oh btw that person sent me a toxic message as he added me to talk smack after the game and I even sent your team his toxic message .. hes not banned still playing.

You guys fail to take care of the real issue of this game and the reason toxicity exists in the 1st place. Alot of players dont even report these trolls anymore because they know nothing is going to happen to them anyhow. maybe 1 person might report them but when we say one bad thing to that troll EVERYONE reports us like were the problem.

If your going to take toxic players seriously and ban us then u should be taking trolls seriously and banning them too.

I sent this into support as well so if I dont get a direct response from lyte I will post the response here from support. I think these questions deserve some serious answers. Again I am not questioning my ban ok what happened happened ill take it and move on but the reason the ban happened in the 1st place is where I have questions and what will be if ANYTHING will actually finally be done to take care of the issue that causes players to rage in the 1st place.

First of all, what you deem a "troll" can just as easily be someone trying something different and fun. What I have found is that anyone who breaks the meta is instantly a "troll". this is also true for people who are just having fun(you know, what games are actually made to do). Another thing is when there is someone who happens to be dying a lot. They tend to get labeled as people who "intentionally feed" and are thus also "trolls," even if they are just having a bad game. The vast majority of actual trolls are toxic and chat frequently. Besides, only you can stop yourself from being toxic. Riot is not to blame for your behavior.