Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, seeing as I've been playing ARAM alot, I thought I'd discuss starting items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShifaFyrah

10-01-2014

Lately, I've been starting with certain items in ARAM, depending on the champs I get and sometimes the enemy team comp.
But, here's what I go with and I'm wondering if these are starts other people go with:

AP: Philosopher's stone right off the bat into rod of ages asap. Chalice instead if I need mr and mana sustain more. Tear however if mana is a huge need.
ADC: I go for vampiric scepter and then avarice blade the next time I die and go shop. For Sivir I specifically build into essence reaver right away to deal with mana issues.
Support: chalice and a faerie charm to get to Ardent Censor asap. The attack spped bonus for my teammates is awesome. In the case of supports without shields or heals (i.e.: Zyra and the like) my concern is mana and items that give passive buffs or effects.
Tank: Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest; cloth armor or null magic mantle depending if there's more ap or ad, and boots.

dutchM

10-01-2014

AP: Chalice/Boots/Potions except on Ryze and similar champs where I go Catalyst/Potions
AD: Vamp/Boots/Pots
Support: **** support
Tank: Health/Pots

Aeolian Melodies

10-02-2014

Quote:
ShifaFyrah:
Lately, I've been starting with certain items in ARAM, depending on the champs I get and sometimes the enemy team comp.
But, here's what I go with and I'm wondering if these are starts other people go with:

AP: Philosopher's stone right off the bat into rod of ages asap. Chalice instead if I need mr and mana sustain more. Tear however if mana is a huge need.
ADC: I go for vampiric scepter and then avarice blade the next time I die and go shop. For Sivir I specifically build into essence reaver right away to deal with mana issues.
Support: chalice and a faerie charm to get to Ardent Censor asap. The attack spped bonus for my teammates is awesome. In the case of supports without shields or heals (i.e.: Zyra and the like) my concern is mana and items that give passive buffs or effects.
Tank: Negatron Cloak or Chain Vest; cloth armor or null magic mantle depending if there's more ap or ad, and boots.

wut

GrosPigeon

10-02-2014

AP (mana): Chalice + doran ring / Chalice + boots / Chalice + spellthief / Chalice + Sapphire (Ones that go tear + chalice) / Tear + boots / Sheen (Ezreal or Fizz)
AP (no mana): Hextech revolver / Blasting wand + boots / Sorc
AP supports: Chalice + doran ring / Chalice + Sapphire (Chalice + Tear) / Chalice + boots / Chalice + rejuv / Chalice + Ruby / Chalice + Spellthief / Chalice + Amp tome
TL,DR: Chalice if mana user

ADC (ranged): Vamp + doran blade / Vamp + boots / Brutalizer / Tear + longsword (BLUE ADC) / Pickaxe + longsword / Sheen (Ezreal)
ADC (melee): 3x longswords / Pickaxe + longsword / Targon + longsword / Avarice + Brawler (Yasuo) / Zeal (Yasuo)

Tank (low mana usage): Targon + Ruby / Negatron + Ruby + Rejuv / 5x rejuv + doran shield (I have copyrights on this build) / Guardian's horn + Rejuv / Guardian's horn + boots
Tank (high mana usage): Tear + Ruby + Rejuv / Tear + Relic shield + Rejuv / Tear + Boots + Rejuv / Chalice + Ruby / Chalice + Boots / Chalice + Rejuv / Chalice + Relic shield / Chalice + Doran shield / Chalice + Cloth

With the remaining gold you buy as many health pots as you can.

What is a Wolf

10-02-2014

^

Only thing worth adding is perhaps sheen+5 red pots on Ezreal and negatron+boots+regrowth+4 pots on low-mana tanks and that pretty much covers the entire starting pools of champs.

GrosPigeon

10-03-2014

Quote:
What is a Wolf:
^

Only thing worth adding is perhaps sheen+5 red pots on Ezreal and negatron+boots+regrowth+4 pots on low-mana tanks and that pretty much covers the entire starting pools of champs.
Added them to the lists.

FOODFOOD

10-03-2014

Quote:
GrosPigeon:

TL,DR: Chalice if mana user

Yep, sounds about right.

futuresight23

10-03-2014

I have been liking for tanks with some AP scaling like Amumu or Maokai or Alistar starting off with a Catalyst and 5 pots then building towards Rod of Ages. Never really have to worry about running out of mana, if the Rod fully stacks, it gives you the most health from 1 item you can get without building a Frozen Mallet, and it does give you a bit more threat with the AP which makes you a better target to kill drawing attention from someone more threatening.

Cambrethian

10-03-2014

but but got bee like the diamond pro's and get 3 dorans items...

GrosPigeon

10-03-2014

Quote:
Cambrethian:
but but got bee like the diamond pro's and get 3 dorans items...
Diamond in SR, Bronze in ARAM.