Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This is why you can't win in aram lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crosisx2

10-01-2014

The fact that people constantly rush Liandry's as a 2nd item when the enemy typical has a lot of MR just kills your damage. If you don't have Void Staff, Zhonyas, or Deathcap as your 2nd item on most champs you are doing it wrong.

And really Liandry's on Sona. Lucky for this guy Sona is op.

stop it.jpg

What is a Wolf

10-01-2014

Welcome to why degenerate champions have a win rate of 60% instead of 80%.

FOODFOOD

10-01-2014

Yeah, skill/luck/teamwork has nothing to do with a losing streak. It's totally Liandry's as a second item and that's it, nothing else at all.

Jiggurat

10-01-2014

Liandrys sucks ass.

Yugheriz

10-01-2014

I like liandry's because its icon is literally my face when people buy it

Crosisx2

10-01-2014

Quote:
FOODFOOD:
Yeah, skill/luck/teamwork has nothing to do with a losing streak. It's totally Liandry's as a second item and that's it, nothing else at all.

Your dps drops by the thousands in a game going that item. So yes it factors in. On a team of Morgana, AD Trist and Viktor, AP Kog should have the highest damage to champions without a doubt. When you get out damaged by the other champs by 5000+ there is something wrong with your build. Could they suck with hitting skill shots? sure I guess so, but that doesn't change anything since your damage would still be higher with a better item.

Never said it was the ONLY reason for a loss. Quit playing white knight and defending an item that's garbage until late when you have Void.

Ohforfsake

10-01-2014

Liandry's is situational. If you're vs one of those full damage teams with no defensive items, it'll do you more good than a void. If you're vs a tanky team with lots of mr then a void beats it by far. If you do the math Haunting Guise alone will be the most cost efficient item for damage 90% of the time early game. That said, planning for the next 10 mins and building a void when you know they're going to stack mr is very smart.

I've been playing on one of my random accounts lately who started off with low mmr and **** champ pool. The most noticeable difference between low and high mmr is decision making and not champ skill or builds. Look towards that as the reason you lose and not a liandry's.

Crosisx2

10-01-2014

Quote:
Ohforfsake:
Liandry's is situational. If you're vs one of those full damage teams with no defensive items, it'll do you more good than a void. If you're vs a tanky team with lots of mr then a void beats it by far. If you do the math Haunting Guise alone will be the most cost efficient item for damage 90% of the time early game. That said, planning for the next 10 mins and building a void when you know they're going to stack mr is very smart.

I've been playing on one of my random accounts lately who started off with low mmr and **** champ pool. The most noticeable difference between low and high mmr is decision making and not champ skill or builds. Look towards that as the reason you lose and not a liandry's.

When your poke is substantially less on the person with the highest potential damage output on the team, yes that is a reason teams can lose. Is it the ONLY reason? No of course not, many factors apply but it contributes to it.

FOODFOOD

10-02-2014

Quote:
Crosisx2:
Your dps drops by the thousands in a game going that item. So yes it factors in. On a team of Morgana, AD Trist and Viktor, AP Kog should have the highest damage to champions without a doubt. When you get out damaged by the other champs by 5000+ there is something wrong with your build. Could they suck with hitting skill shots? sure I guess so, but that doesn't change anything since your damage would still be higher with a better item.

Never said it was the ONLY reason for a loss. Quit playing white knight and defending an item that's garbage until late when you have Void.

I'm not trying to defend Liandry's... tbh I rarely end up even playing mages in ARAM, so I don't get it often.
I'm just saying that a losing streak like that is not solely caused by one item choice, which is what you seemed to be pointing out. Whoever this guy/gal is was playing very good champs and still doing poorly - one item is not going to change that. Looks like they just weren't playing well, or kept getting queued against people much better.
In the situation you mentioned, maybe Kog kept getting out of position. Maybe he missed his ult a lot. Maybe he was drunk. Maybe the rest of his team did really really well and they couldn't clinch the win. Who the heck knows. Every game is different - this isn't Summoner's Rift where every game seems like the same thing, and you can predict who dealt the most damage before it starts. ARAM is... weird.

GrosPigeon

10-02-2014

It's fine on Kog but never that early in a build. On everyone else in this picture it's garbage.