Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Do you like the Machete?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolSpot2

Senior Member

10-01-2014

Lets say i start amplifying tome on jungle Fiddlestick .


What if I couldn't collect 1025 on first comeback which most of the time is the case because blue ends around level 4 .


So I can't get Spirit stone+Boots for jungle clear .

and I can't get machete for clear because its auto attack which fiddlestick doesn't use .


In other words . Riot you forcing me into 0 mana sustain . Rushing ap dosen't work that well on fiddle because you can't farm jungle properly without mana drain.


Similar story with amumu . You should Get Spirit Stone technically but you end up getting Wraith Spirit because that way you don't run out of sustain .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KMannnnn1

Senior Member

10-01-2014

I see your point with fiddlesticks, and I would say that Jungle items could use a lot of changes, but machete is actually really good for Amumu's early clears, because he should be autoattacking a lot for passive procs, and the damage reduction stacks with his e passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

10-01-2014

Start Doran's Ring 2 pots on Fidd. Bam. Mana sustain.

As for Amumu, he spends a decent chunk of time headbutting the enemy, so Machete is still functional on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FantasySniper

Senior Member

10-01-2014

Machete is useful on pretty much every jungler, since they all rely way more on their AAs to clear than the 1, then 2, low-damage spells that they will be using to clear their initial camps. Then you can move on to purchase Spirit Stone/Quill Coat pretty easily.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

10-01-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
Machete is useful on pretty much every jungler, since they all rely way more on their AAs to clear than the 1, then 2, low-damage spells that they will be using to clear their initial camps. Then you can move on to purchase Spirit Stone/Quill Coat pretty easily.

Remember, Fidd can't AA while channeling, so he's the one champ I would completely avoid the Spirit Stone line with.

Doran's Ring into Seeker's Armguard. That's, what, 1560g? And then he just won't leave the jungle. Like, ever. Until he feels like buying his Zhonya's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FantasySniper

Senior Member

10-02-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:
Remember, Fidd can't AA while channeling


Is he, like, the only exception to this rule? 0_o I don't know that much about jungling, especially with off-picks, and I can't think of another champion that works like that. Not even Karma's leash prevents her from attacking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GSNightfall

Junior Member

10-02-2014

I pretty much main fiddles, so for my jungle fids usually I just start with amp tome and a mana pot and sweepers. As far as clearing goes I just drain until I get dark wind. In which case; start with Darkwind into draining the camp head finish w/e you can with AA or if submonsters are both kinda low or mid health and darkwind is up I just Darkwind for the faster clear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

10-02-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
Is he, like, the only exception to this rule? 0_o I don't know that much about jungling, especially with off-picks, and I can't think of another champion that works like that. Not even Karma's leash prevents her from attacking.

Dude this is a basic mechanic thing, what even the ****? CHANNELED ABILITY. Can't typically do anything during a channel, including but not limited to autoattacking.

Fiddlesticks certainly is an exception to the rule. His a mage jungler. Not an AP jungler like Diana, a full fledged, ability-dependant, mage jungler, and Hunter's Machete is completely worthless on him. You either want to start Doran's + Pots x2 or Cloth Armor + Pots x5.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eeveefyre

Senior Member

10-02-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
Is he, like, the only exception to this rule? 0_o I don't know that much about jungling, especially with off-picks, and I can't think of another champion that works like that. Not even Karma's leash prevents her from attacking.


Malz and I think Nunu also have channels, but they're ults, and they need a weakness... so they made it so they cant do **** while channeling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KMannnnn1

Senior Member

10-03-2014

Quote:
Eeveefyre:
Malz and I think Nunu also have channels, but they're ults, and they need a weakness... so they made it so they cant do **** while channeling.

All channeled abilities disable the user for the duration. Fiddle's drain is a channel, therefore he is unable to perform other actions for the duration. Just because a channel isn't an ult doesn't mean it shouldn't follow the same rules as other channels.


12