Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demsea

10-01-2014

Should matchmaking not be based off solo queue rank rather than mmr? I mean that's literally the point of ranked. 4 games in a row I've laned against platinum level opponents, I'm silver 2. They are intentionally exploited the mmr averaging system by playing with friends on unranked smurfs. I'm fairly sick of being matched up against these players and the cause is clear. Each rank above my own is worth the same as the last, so rather than a scaling or exponential factor, this poorly thought out linear system is what we have. perhaps a ratio/modifier is in order when someone is several tiers higher ranked rather than simply adding 3 mmrs and dividing by 3.