Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

14 day ban, no information, no reason?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themachamp2

10-03-2014

Quote:
Mars Ragnarok:
Really? Banned players complain about how much money they spend on the game ALL THE TIME, and they never get any leniency for it. Why would this guy's money be more special than everyone else's?

that's my point. Why is it so special? I just see him threatening riot that they will lose a paying customer.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-03-2014

Quote:
themachamp2:
that's my point. Why is it so special? I just see him threatening riot that they will lose a paying customer.

Maybe it's special because Lyte - in reviewing the requested chat logs - said something to himself to the effect of "y'know, this guy's not that bad. And is a pretty vast improvement from last time. I'll cut him some slack."

I mean, it seems most likely to me that the whole reason his ban was reduced was because a second review determined that the "default" 14-day may be more than was called for. I've seen other support members do the same without such threats. In fact, I'd wager to say I've seen it most often when such threats weren't present (threats are pretty frowned-upon across the board around here).

So I guess my question to you is, why are you so stuck on how much money this guy claimed to've spent?

themachamp2

10-04-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
Maybe it's special because Lyte - in reviewing the requested chat logs - said something to himself to the effect of "y'know, this guy's not that bad. And is a pretty vast improvement from last time. I'll cut him some slack."

I mean, it seems most likely to me that the whole reason his ban was reduced was because a second review determined that the "default" 14-day may be more than was called for. I've seen other support members do the same without such threats. In fact, I'd wager to say I've seen it most often when such threats weren't present (threats are pretty frowned-upon across the board around here).

So I guess my question to you is, why are you so stuck on how much money this guy claimed to've spent?

Simple, I just wanted to know why its special and how come someone who was 2 week ban before got a reprieve/ shown leniency. While, someone who has never been banned and only had one 5 game chat restrict can't get shown anything. I mean, even in lyte's post he is mentioning that he is giving someone who is toxic a break.

The only thing i read that was different from the other posts for reviews/leniency is that he talks about taking his money and going home....basically. Then i see riot cave and give in.

Whether its true or not is one thing...but the appearance is sketchy.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
themachamp2:
Whether its true or not is one thing...but the appearance is sketchy.

Honestly, I find this whole line of thought completely ridiculous because it tries to turn a single data point into a pattern of behavior while completely ignoring contradictory examples.

Yeah, Lyte sometimes decides to give someone a second chance after being asked to review their account history... but he also escalates bans. Actually, an escalation is a far more likely outcome than leniency.

themachamp2

10-04-2014

All pattern begin with a "1st" or a single date point. Anyways..

I just want to know what makes it special so i could get mine looked at...i mean if they can find a streak of neutral games for him why cant he look at my hundreds upon hundreds of positive and neutral games?

After looking at other people who have asked for reviews/leniency in the recent ban wave, he is the only one who got it. He is also the only one who mentioned that he is a high paying customer and threatening to leave.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
themachamp2:
All pattern begin with a "1st" or a single date point. Anyways..

Yes, but that is only in retrospect.

Quote:
I just want to know what makes it special so i could get mine looked at...i mean if they can find a streak of neutral games for him why cant he look at my hundreds upon hundreds of positive and neutral games?

Because no one cares about your neutral and positive games. They don't excuse your negative games. When Lyte looked at that guy's negative games, he realized that they weren't as bad as he expected or maybe he was just feeling generous, who knows?

Quote:
After looking at other people who have asked for reviews/leniency in the recent ban wave, he is the only one who got it. He is also the only one who mentioned that he is a high paying customer and threatening to leave.

The pool of people who received manual reviews is really small. You shouldn't make statistical assumptions based on it.