Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

14 day ban, no information, no reason?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnuggleLumpicus

09-30-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:

Because I shouldn't have to deal with that **** just to play a video game.

No, you shouldn't, neither should anyone. But you're okay with muting them and then reporting them, I'm not. That's the only truthful point I am posting.

Treat others how you want to be treated. I would love for others to give me the benefit of the doubt and talk it out.

I've met a few people who refuse to listen to logic. I highly doubt you meet as many as you do and really try to talk to people like you say you have. Either that or you do it abrasively since you feel insulted.

Impulse zabloN

10-01-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:

I primarily play ARAM. I don't think it's so much about what we play. I think it's more about our very different approaches to the game, to the behavior systems, and to toxicity in general. Maybe even towards life. I'm a strong proponent of personal responsibility, and part of that is recognizing that actions have consequences. As such, I strongly believe that people should accept the consequences of their actions. If you spend 20 minutes berating me, there's a consequence for that, and I'm going to do my part to ensure that you experience it.

Because I shouldn't have to deal with that **** just to play a video game.

I agree, except from my perspective in ranked, if I get trolled, I shouldn't have to spend 20-40 minutes watching someone trying to make us lose. If I see that of COURSE I'm going to be upset. Why? Because I care. This game has gotten it's priorities so out of whack of people wanting to be politically correct I've seen other players defend people they actually acknowledge are trolling. FFS that is just messed up.

Human beings are just plain horrible.

SnuggleLumpicus

10-01-2014

Quote:
Impulse zabloN:
I agree, except from my perspective in ranked, if I get trolled, I shouldn't have to spend 20-40 minutes watching someone trying to make us lose. If I see that of COURSE I'm going to be upset. Why? Because I care. This game has gotten it's priorities so out of whack of people wanting to be politically correct I've seen other players defend people they actually acknowledge are trolling. FFS that is just messed up.

And he's projecting that person as who I am. If a person plays to make you lose, that's different than an argument. Much different. Some people are so entitled to not having to see any conflict at all, an argument is too much for them to want to even think about. On a PVP game where there are always 5 losers.

Erdrik

10-01-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
Treat others how you want to be treated. I would love for others to give me the benefit of the doubt and talk it out.

No.
The middle of a match is not the place to lay on the couch and 'talk it out'. It isn't the counselors office.
If you want to 'talk it out' put your 'money' where your mouth is, and friend them and chat after the match.

Otherwise: Mute. Report. Play.

SnuggleLumpicus

10-01-2014

Quote:
Erdrik:
No.
The middle of a match is not the place to lay on the couch and 'talk it out' this isn't the counselors office.
If you want to 'talk it out' put your 'money' where your mouth is, and friend them and chat after the match.

Otherwise: Mute. Report. Play.

I never said anything about the middle of the match. There is a post game lobby. That was your own false assumption, and I don't know why. You can't report a player in the middle of a match either.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-01-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
No, you shouldn't, neither should anyone. But you're okay with muting them and then reporting them, I'm not. That's the only truthful point I am posting.

There's a couple reasons for that.

First, it's rarely worth the effort to try to communicate with the types of players I report. Even so, I usually try, at least once, when I first recognize their toxicity. When that doesn't work, I ignore them and report after the game.

Second, it's safer for me to limit my interactions with those players. It's also less disruptive to the game, and less harmful for the players who aren't displaying toxicity.

If I ever felt the need to go off on someone in-game, I would do so. But I would do so with the full knowledge and acceptance of the fact that the action could earn a sanction for my account.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-01-2014

Quote:
Impulse zabloN:
I agree, except from my perspective in ranked, if I get trolled, I shouldn't have to spend 20-40 minutes watching someone trying to make us lose.

No, you shouldn't. I agree completely.

Quote:
If I see that of COURSE I'm going to be upset. Why? Because I care.

So do I. No one has ever said you shouldn't be upset. But there's a difference between being frustrated by a bad situation, and actively making it worse.

Quote:
This game has gotten it's priorities so out of whack of people wanting to be politically correct I've seen other players defend people they actually acknowledge are trolling. FFS that is just messed up.

I haven't seen that before. But have you considered that they might have been more concerned about protecting you from being sanctioned?

Quote:

I thought this was assumed.

EDIT:
Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
And he's projecting that person as who I am.

I apologize if my language has led you to believe that I'm projecting anything specifically at you. Unless I'm specifically referring to something you've said here, I use the word "you" in either the general sense or the hypothetical sense.

I realize this may have been confusing, and I'll try to be more clear in the future.

Quote:
If a person plays to make you lose, that's different than an argument. Much different. Some people are so entitled to not having to see any conflict at all, an argument is too much for them to want to even think about. On a PVP game where there are always 5 losers.

The middle of a PvP game is a terrible place for an argument. I've already got 5 enemies trying to tear my face off. I'd rather not make it 6.

I dunno, maybe it's more fun that way, but it seems like making things harder for no real benefit, to me.

Erdrik

10-01-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
I never said anything about the middle of the match. There is a post game lobby.

If thats the case then I only slightly overreacted.

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
... But you're okay with muting them and then reporting them, I'm not. ...

I assumed because of the talk of muting, you were still referring to in match.
Still, post game is still visible to review, and not the place to 'talk it out'.
(Frankly I feel its not as enforceable, as you can freely leave post game without consequence.
But its also another avenue of spreading toxicity, that I see frequent complaints about so I can at least respect why Riot enforces there.)

SnuggleLumpicus

10-01-2014

Quote:
Erdrik:
If thats the case then I only slightly overreacted.

I assumed because of the talk of muting, you were still referring to in match.
Still, post game is still visible to review, and not the place to 'talk it out'.
(Frankly I feel its not as enforceable, as you can freely leave post game without consequence.
But its also another avenue of spreading toxicity, that I see frequent complaints about so I can at least respect why Riot enforces there.)

It means you are never safe to talk and always able to be punished. Just think happy thoughts and everything will be okay, eh? Haha, anyway, peace. Have fun.

Erdrik

10-01-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
It means you are never safe to talk and always able to be punished. Just think happy thoughts and everything will be okay, eh? Haha, anyway, peace. Have fun.

There are private chat channels.

Those are not monitored. Well, beyond screen caps the person your chatting with can take.