Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

14 day ban, no information, no reason?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reitrahc

09-30-2014

I was playing in a game as support Leona when all of a sudden my screen went black. Just completely black. I quickly shut off and restart my computer, hoping to get back into the game before it ended and upon trying to log in, I find that I am banned until October 14th. I go to read the email they said I received and it gave me no information at all. I have never been banned before, I never received a warning that my behavior has been bad enough to possibly receive a penalty, and all of a sudden I get a 14 day ban. This makes no sense to me at all. I have not been particularly toxic at all, though I'll admit that I did get a bit bad several weeks ago trying to get the Perfect Ascension icon. Since then, I haven't done or said anything very toxic, though I have received a couple reports which have seemed more likely to spite me than legitimate reports. I would think that if I was banned for prolonged toxicity, I would KNOW that I have been toxic for a long time AND I would have received a warning, and if I was reported for something extremely toxic that I said in one game I would DEFINITELY know that I did that. But none of that has happened. And this has been the only game I have "left" in a long time, so it couldn't have been a leaver buster ban. And my score has never been bad enough to be mistaken for intentionally feeding (nor have I ever done that). What am I even supposed to do here? I have submitted a ticket to Riot and not received any information or anything, and they don't even seem like they are particularly interested in helping people who have received bans anyway, as everything I have read so far has said they will not provide me with information because of the confidentiality stuff and they will never revoke a ban.

Hey Its Chris

09-30-2014

Same here. this is not good....

NFL RoboLoneWolf

09-30-2014

same here WTF.... I've been chat restricted in the past... now I get a 14 day ban without even a chat restriction or anything??? sad since I've payed tons of money towards skins.

Raiyn

09-30-2014

It's not just you folks it seems to be quite a bit of people.

While you gents may have been chat restricted or warned in the past - here is my case:

1) Never been chat restricted (First one was a backdate from last season I think it occured at start of season for 5 games or something)

2) Never been banned this year

3) Am actively positive player who keeps getting "friendly" "teamwork" etc after each game. I'm urging a Riot employee to show me what i've done wrong. It feels very unfair when Im trying to be positive in the community to be banned randomly / without a reason

We're all sinners sometimes, so maybe think back to your times if you have been rude?

I was annoyed at someone 1 game, though i never swore, used racial slurs etc that is the only time I can think of

How about you guys? Be honest w/ yourselves have you ever said ****er, gay etc in a game?

Erdrik

09-30-2014

Quote:
Reitrahc:
... I have not been particularly toxic at all, though I'll admit that I did get a bit bad several weeks ago trying to get the Perfect Ascension icon. ... though I have received a couple reports which have seemed more likely to spite me than legitimate reports. ...

IIRC, LeaveBuster bans don't exceed 1 week, so its not for the leave.

While the Tribunal is down for updates Riots punishment ladder has changed:

-Chat restrictions for minor offences.
-More Chat restrictions for continued minor offences.
-14 day ban for extreme offence(racism, sexism, ect).
-14 day for consistent moderate offences.
-14 day if had previous lesser offences, and Riot does not believe the player will reform easily.
-perma if consistent offences continue, and Riot does not believe the player will reform.

The first two 14 day examples can happen without prior punishments or warnings.

Quote:
Reitrahc:
I have submitted a ticket to Riot and not received any information or anything, ... and they will never revoke a ban.

Since the Tribunal is down for updates, Riot has to handle everything manually, which as you can imagine takes a lot of time.
Typically it takes 3 to 6 business days for a support ticket, but it may take longer.

The 'never revoke a ban' is for LeaveBuster bans.
However rare, Riot has made mistakes. And fixed them:

SquishyTentacles
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49768511#49768511

NickTheHandsome
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49880562#49880562

Houkai
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=50163792#50163792

Reitrahc

09-30-2014

I've literally never received any warnings or disciplinary actions against me in the past at all. Not even once. And then this just... happened. No warning. No information about why it happened. They didn't even tell me WHAT banned me, whether it was the tribunal or leaver buster or some automated thing or Riot just decided they were tired of me being in the game for no reason at all.

Reitrahc

09-30-2014

Quote:
Erdrik:
IIRC, LeaveBuster bans don't exceed 1 week, so its not for the leave.

While the Tribunal is down for updates Riots punishment ladder has changed:

-Chat restrictions for minor offences.
-More Chat restrictions for continued minor offences.
-14 day ban for extreme offence(racism, sexism, ect).
-14 day for consistent moderate offences.
-14 day if had previous lesser offences, and Riot does not believe the player will reform easily.
-perma if consistent offences continue, and Riot does not believe the player will reform.

The first two 14 day examples can happen without prior punishments or warnings.

Since the Tribunal is down for updates, Riot has to handle everything manually, which as you can imagine takes a lot of time.
Typically it takes 3 to 6 business days for a support ticket, but it may take longer.

The 'never revoke a ban' is for LeaveBuster bans.
However rare, Riot has made mistakes. And fixed them:

SquishyTentacles
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49768511#49768511

NickTheHandsome
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49880562#49880562

Houkai
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=50163792#50163792

Thanks for this information, but I know for certain that I have not said or done anything EXTREMELY toxic, ever. I also do not believe that I have been consistently toxic at all, even during the Shurima event when I was completely frustrated with getting the Perfect Ascension icon it may have happened in 5 games tops. Other than that, I try my best to not be toxic, I don't receive reports often and most of the reports that I do receive usually seem like spiteful reports for gloating or something like that (which may be toxic in a way I suppose, though not severe enough to deserve this). I just really have no idea what to do and I find it ridiculous that I have to wait several days to receive a response for something that definitely seems like a mistake of some sort. And even if I do receive a response, I feel like the 2 week ban will most likely be over by the time I am able to have a coherent conversation with an official Riot employee about why I was banned or anything about my ban. If this was really caused by some sort of automated ban blanket that just happened and it WAS a bug, I am going to be extremely upset with Riot.

themachamp2

09-30-2014

same here...I got banned with no email or anything....just.....2 week ban. I have never been warned other than like a 5 game chat restrict months ago.

Erdrik

09-30-2014

Quote:
Reitrahc:
... during the Shurima event when I was completely frustrated with getting the Perfect Ascension icon it may have happened in 5 games tops.

Assuming a perfect memory, I would just like to mention the Tribunal cases were voted on based on a selection of 5 games.
It took more than 5 to get a case built to be voted on, but escalation is likely swifter while the Tribunal is down.

Just wanted to point out 5 games is enough to punish, if they got to review.
Quote:
Reitrahc:
... I just really have no idea what to do and I find it ridiculous that I have to wait several days to receive a response ... I feel like the 2 week ban will most likely be over by the time I am able to have a coherent conversation with an official Riot employee about why I was banned ...

Your support ticket is the appropriate action.
As for the time it takes, we are all in agreement.
Even Riot doesn't like how long it takes.
But, AFAIK, the manual reviews don't auto-magically sort chat logs like the Tribunal did.
Which means a staffer has to manually sift through your flagged games, and possibly even your recent account history, to find the issue.
So its something we will all have to deal with until the Tribunal's return.
Quote:
Reitrahc:
If this was really caused by some sort of automated ban blanket that just happened and it WAS a bug, I am going to be extremely upset with Riot.

The only automated system that relates to behavior that I know of is the one that watches for words and terms and dishes out chat restrictions.
They might use it for catching racist, sexist stuff for bigger bans, but AFAIK they still do a manual check once flagged.

Reitrahc

09-30-2014

Quote:
Erdrik:
Assuming a perfect memory, I would just like to mention the Tribunal cases were voted on based on a selection of 5 games.
It took more than 5 to get a case built to be voted on, but escalation is likely swifter while the Tribunal is down.

Just wanted to point out 5 games is enough to punish, if they got to review.

Your support ticket is the appropriate action.
As for the time it takes, we are all in agreement.
Even Riot doesn't like how long it takes.
But, AFAIK, the manual reviews don't auto-magically sort chat logs like the Tribunal did.
Which means a staffer has to manually sift through your flagged games, and possibly even your recent account history, to find the issue.
So its something we will all have to deal with until the Tribunal's return.

The only automated system that relates to behavior that I know of is the one that watches for words and terms and dishes out chat restrictions.
They might use it for catching racist, sexist stuff for bigger bans, but AFAIK they still do a manual check once flagged.

The reason I brought up the automatic ban system is because browsing the forums, I've been seeing a few people seeming to say that Riot just sent out a wave of automated bans resulting in 14 day bans and permabans, and it seems like a large number of people received 14 day bans all of a sudden today. I also don't believe anyone who manually read through my chat logs would find my behavior consistently toxic enough to warrant a ban without any form of warning in the first place, unless I've been toxic in ways I would never consider toxic, though I believe I have a rather strong sense of morality and what is right and wrong so I don't feel this is particularly likely either. This all SEEMS to point toward some automated ban system, though I've never payed any real attention to this forum before now anyway...