Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric next?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuroi86

10-01-2014

Due to how his kit works, Taric I am afraid can be very toxic. Hence the nerfs, even after his rework. Late game he turns into a monster with the right items. Early game it's best to play safe and just farm, there's little reason to try and engage as you'll simply get kited or killed.

SirLapse

10-01-2014

Quote:
Kuroi86:
Due to how his kit works, Taric I am afraid can be very toxic. Hence the nerfs, even after his rework. Late game he turns into a monster with the right items. Early game it's best to play safe and just farm, there's little reason to try and engage as you'll simply get kited or killed.

A Taric that even gets to late game is already strong as hell. It's the same for old Sion too. You just stun people all day for an 8 second CD on 40% CDR. He is the #1 person you do not want to see while out of position late game.

justasmiff

10-01-2014

Quote:
SpiderzSolitaire:
taric's pretty garbage. i'm still new to the game, but all last week, i ran ARAM, where taric was chosen for someone in EVERY game (as he was free2play), and his team ALWAYS lost. he's almost useless. his voice is super bland, and his model looks completely outdated, like he's out of warcraft 1. maybe he excels or shines like a diamond more in summoner's rift, but still, he's super bad. they could make him a shining pillar of awesome if they wanted, but he's like the joke character of the game, literally. at least teemo IS actually good.

So you say he's bad, but you don't list a single reason why he's bad gameplay wise. Is something wrong with his utility? Maybe his mana problems? Does he need a range buff? The least you could do is give some reason why he doesn't do well instead of saying "he's super bad".

Splougy

10-01-2014

Taric is an ez fix, all we need to do is Gut his passive, Q, E, and R and change them dramaticly. But what do we want for Taric? We want to keep him support so he'll lose a good chunk of offensive power (from his passive).

They're are a lot of of things we can give him. For example

For every 10 bonus Health/Mana he gains 2.5 Mana/Health (Obviously not stacking). This replaces the offensive nature and mana sustain of his current passive and in exchange gives him more stats to manage.

Ofcourse we could also go Health/Mana give Armor/Magic resist, but that could give him a bit to much armor shredding... Unless thats the niche we want to go (great for countering Rammus so your carrys don't kill themselves on him, idiot ADC's will always find a way to get themselves killed...)

Change his Q from a targeted heal to a Buff/debuff skill shot

Buff: Ally champs hit gain bonus armor and very minor armor shred (1 armor a hit on AA's)
Debuff: Enemy champs are Rooted, slowly recovering MS over time

Dazzle should be changed to reflect the word rather than shooting out some prismatic ball and knocking people the **** out.

Instead it should be a cone! And not just any cone, a cone that FEARS! Yes... Change dazzle to a fear.
Taric emits an emasculating aura of Manlyness causing his targets to flee in shame at they're own short comings.

Finally, Turn Radiance back into a toggle Aura

Taric emits a brilliant light, healing his allies and increasing their AD/AP.

This will fix Taric

Robot Beat Rally

10-06-2014

If you think Taric is bad, then you are doing it wrong... and that's fine by me because I don't want him to be the next FOTM. His auto's can be deceptively strong with his passive and an iceborn. His heals are very decent (if only mana hungry), and his stun and ult may not initiate as well as a leona does, but they also are not skill shots. Coupled with the fact that he can walk away from a 5v1 while taunting, and gives a little armor to his allies... in my opinion, he's simply flawless. I hope they don't change him or just slightly reduce his mana costs.

I love lumbering around and getting in people's way.