Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric next?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cFlame

09-30-2014

So the support changes to Sona and Soraka aren't quite favorable, and many of us players feel like they were nerfed by the change actually. I think Taric is up next for the supports to receive a change. If they do change Taric, I hope there wont be anything slow about him, or any 'only briefly but massively better' changes that ruin him. Anyone have thoughts or theories about what will happen?

Kuroi86

09-30-2014

Uh... he's done been reworked.

SpiderzSolitaire

09-30-2014

taric's pretty garbage. i'm still new to the game, but all last week, i ran ARAM, where taric was chosen for someone in EVERY game (as he was free2play), and his team ALWAYS lost. he's almost useless. his voice is super bland, and his model looks completely outdated, like he's out of warcraft 1. maybe he excels or shines like a diamond more in summoner's rift, but still, he's super bad. they could make him a shining pillar of awesome if they wanted, but he's like the joke character of the game, literally. at least teemo IS actually good.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

09-30-2014

Quote:
SpiderzSolitaire:
taric's pretty garbage. i'm still new to the game, but all last week, i ran ARAM, where taric was chosen for someone in EVERY game (as he was free2play), and his team ALWAYS lost. he's almost useless. his voice is super bland, and his model looks completely outdated, like he's out of warcraft 1. maybe he excels or shines like a diamond more in summoner's rift, but still, he's super bad. they could make him a shining pillar of awesome if they wanted, but he's like the joke character of the game, literally. at least teemo IS actually good.

ARAM is the worst way to judge the strength of a champion. Especially Taric; unless the entire enemy team was physical damage or Taric had great backup, Taric would not do well in ARAM.

Meanwhile, I watch a pretty consistent Taric player wreck ass every time he plays him, because he knows how Taric works.

krobar94

09-30-2014

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
ARAM is the worst way to judge the strength of a champion. Especially Taric; unless the entire enemy team was physical damage or Taric had great backup, Taric would not do well in ARAM.

Meanwhile, I watch a pretty consistent Taric player wreck ass every time he plays him, because he knows how Taric works.

I'd like to see how a Taric holds up to the more common supports we have now.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

09-30-2014

Quote:
krobar94:
I'd like to see how a Taric holds up to the more common supports we have now.

Currently, he does have problems. Against the more passive supports, he gets kited to no end. Against the more aggressive ones, he can't quite defend very well. But he can still go ham for a double kill.

The5lacker

09-30-2014

The problem is Taric doesn't have much of an identity other than stupidly strong sustain, lots of random armor scaling, and homoerotic overtones. And one of those needs to go.

And it's not the homoerotic overtones.

krobar94

09-30-2014

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
Currently, he does have problems. Against the more passive supports, he gets kited to no end. Against the more aggressive ones, he can't quite defend very well. But he can still go ham for a double kill.

I used to play him a lot. He used to be my favorite support with old Aegis because he was a walking, talking "My team is statistically better than yours." I envy Taric players who were around during Runic Bulwark, as I was mia at the time.

I must say that I was a bit unhappy with his old rework. I was hoping for a total kit change with the same central idea of fun with buffs/debuffs. Oh well. We'd have probably gotten more people complaining kind of like with the Soraka or Karma rework, eh?
Quote:
The5lacker:
The problem is Taric doesn't have much of an identity other than stupidly strong sustain, lots of random armor scaling, and homoerotic overtones. And one of those needs to go.

And it's not the homoerotic overtones.

If we had a skin that was more pink, I think it'd solve all his issues.

Angyal

09-30-2014

Quote:
cFlame:
So the support changes to Sona and Soraka aren't quite favorable, and many of us players feel like they were nerfed by the change actually. I think Taric is up next for the supports to receive a change. If they do change Taric, I hope there wont be anything slow about him, or any 'only briefly but massively better' changes that ruin him. Anyone have thoughts or theories about what will happen?

Its not his kit that is the problem, all Riot has to do it up his base numbers and he will be fine. Taric is the definition of consistency, hes not meant to be a big play maker, he is meant to give invisible power to everyone around him. I feel like when Taric got reworked, he was too strong and I will admit he was. But then they did to him what they did to Soraka when she became a terror in solo lanes, nerf her stats to **** much like Taric. The real kicker is that Riot realized that they went to far with Soraka, and buffed her a little bit until the new Soraka rework came out. What I am trying to say is that Riot saw Taric being too strong of a support, and they nerfed him. But now they are keeping him in a dark area, much like where Olaf is right now. I hope when they do Tarics Visual Update, they will tweak his numbers to help him out a little, but not make him too oppressive at the same time.

SirLapse

09-30-2014

Change his E into a close range dazzling AoE.

No but seriously, he needs to have the stun changed so that he isn't as overpowering when he succeeds at his stuns. That was why his W got nerfed in the first place.

I mean him blasting you is really good if there's an actual risk to do it. Right now all he has to do it get in range and you're stunned no matter what you do.