Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No item with atk spd AND armor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaugeForever

09-30-2014

So there is atk speed and MR items but no armor and atk speed items?

Anyone know why?

KMannnnn1

09-30-2014

There's no real reason, just that the item hasn't proven necessary or interesting. A lot of stat combos don't exist, and while some should possibly be added, not all of them need to by any means.

krobar94

09-30-2014

Atk speed MR as in Wit's End, but I don't think there are anymore unless they brought back Malady or I'm just drawing a blank. That item is mostly used for champions that do well with on-hit and deal a decent amount of magic damage. Some Varus players, WW, and various bruisers would benefit.

As for why there are no armor and attack speed, I don't know. I personally don't like defensive items with offensive stats, though. It reminds me of the era of bruisers a bit with Trinity FrAtMogs. I highly doubt it would break anything, but I also don't think we really need one.

FantasySniper

09-30-2014

Quote:
krobar94:
I highly doubt it would break anything

Marksman, junglers. Both would be putting out more damage and receiving less in return, making whoever got it first have the nigh best advantage over the other. Like old BT.

krobar94

09-30-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
Marksman, junglers. Both would be putting out more damage and receiving less in return, making whoever got it first have the nigh best advantage over the other. Like old BT.

I'm thinking it would be a mid tier item made from cloth instead of chainvest. I don't think marksmen would be crawling all over it unless it had a potent on-hit or something, but I doubt we'd give it armor shred on-hit because their are plenty of armor pene options as is and we don't need a wit's end clone.

Junglers are a maybe. It would be helpful on tanky junglers like Naut or Voli, but I still think the top tier junglers would be Lee, Elise, and Kha. If it's a mid tier item like I'm thinking of, it would be too horrible. Regardless, there isn't really a purpose for the item, so I guess I'll never really know.

67chrome

10-01-2014

Quote:
GaugeForever:
So there is atk speed and MR items but no armor and atk speed items?

Anyone know why?

Madred's Bloodrazors used to offer 25 armor and 40% AS until it was ultimately removed.
For that matter - Atma's Impaler is the only item that offers AD or critical strike chance along with armor.

My best guess is Riot wanted to allow solid attack/MR items like Wit's End and Hexdrinker so attack champions that actually needed defense in general had options - and they allowed the magic/armor item in Zhonya's for mages that need defense, but they didn't want season 2 Wriggle's top-lane or season 2 Abyssal Scetper mid-lane mirror-matches where you could counterbuild your lane opponent and everyone basically just did that.

The5lacker

10-01-2014

There's also no AP/Crit items. Your point?

Eeveefyre

10-02-2014

I don't want no 1000 Attack per second Garen killing me while I cant do jack ****.