Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some Item Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AMGust

09-30-2014

They should rework Haunting Guise so it gives like 40-50 AP, lower magic pen but 10% cdr instead of a ruby crystal in the recipe. Like switch around the ruby crystal and amplifying tome in the Liandry's Torment

Maybe there should be an AD item that costs 3800 and gives 100 AD + 5% bonus AD

Also, pls make frozen mallet cheaper like 2600 to 2900 gold

FantasySniper

09-30-2014

Quote:
AMGust:
They should rework Haunting Guise so it gives like 40-50 AP, lower magic pen but 10% cdr instead of a ruby crystal in the recipe. Like switch around the ruby crystal and amplifying tome in the Liandry's Torment

You're going to need to clarify why this "should" happen.
Quote:
Maybe there should be an AD item that costs 3800 and gives 100 AD + 5% bonus AD

Bonus AD is hard to balance, because it'd either end up like a pseudo-Last Whisper with its AD being low to compensate for high bonus, or it would be too good to pass up ever, still just like Last Whisper.

Rabadon's exists because AP doesn't have as many multipliers as AD when it comes to its damage potential, and AP only takes effects through the ratios of an ability. (And Arcane Blade)
Quote:
Also, pls make frozen mallet cheaper like 2600 to 2900 gold

Again, you're going to have to justify this, although I'm definitely not against it.

AMGust

10-01-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
You're going to need to clarify why this "should" happen.

Bonus AD is hard to balance, because it'd either end up like a pseudo-Last Whisper with its AD being low to compensate for high bonus, or it would be too good to pass up ever, still just like Last Whisper.

Rabadon's exists because AP doesn't have as many multipliers as AD when it comes to its damage potential, and AP only takes effects through the ratios of an ability. (And Arcane Blade)

Again, you're going to have to justify this, although I'm definitely not against it.

You are right on the most part. I was just trying to make certain items "mirror" each other. However, I do still think the Frozen Mallet needs to less expensive. The Rylai Crystal Specter has gotten buffed not too along ago in terms of "gold efficiency" The Frozen Mallet only gives about 90% of its cost through stats and although the passive is decent, I still think it should be no more than 3000.

FantasySniper

10-01-2014

Quote:
AMGust:
However, I do still think the Frozen Mallet needs to less expensive. The Rylai Crystal Specter has gotten buffed not too along ago in terms of "gold efficiency" The Frozen Mallet only gives about 90% of its cost through stats and although the passive is decent, I still think it should be no more than 3000.

Agreed, this is probably the worst contributing factor to its poor build path, you have to spend little over 1/3rd of the total cost in straight up gold after you've acquired the recipe ingredients, compared to the 1/5th of Rylai's, which is still way more cost-efficient in the first place.

If they just reduce its cost, if not give it a similar treatment to Rylai's, than it might see better play.

17inchcorkscrew

10-01-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
If they just reduce its cost, if not give it a similar treatment to Rylai's, than it might see better play.

It would see more play, but probably not better play.