Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Two Week Ban FAQ and Points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Here are a few bullet points to those who have been banned for two weeks:

1) These bans are for either extreme toxicity in a handful of games or persistent toxicity over many games.

2) These bans are last warnings by Riot for people to either "ship up or shape out."

3) None of the regulars here can give you your chat logs. Please contact support via the "support button" in the top right screen.

Edits:

4) Retaliation is not a defense. If someone retaliates in a toxic manner, it's still being toxic.

5) Absent two known bugs (one detecting BM targeted at self and one detecting BM and double banning people back to back), the system's accuracy is really renowned.

6) These bans are never for 1 game, or even three games. These bans are for multiple, chronically toxic chat logs.

7) We wish that the Reform Cards were up and sent to you already. I promise. We just can't give you those here.

8) This is the 5th ban wave of this nature. Lyte posted this quite a while back: https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/491270902554689537 -- All props to Ulanopo for finding this link.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT RIOT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mars Ragnarok

Senior Member

09-30-2014

BUMP, for crying out loud.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnuggleLumpicus

Senior Member

09-30-2014

For my first punishment, I was given a chat log. For any after, I never was. Is it possible for me to have argued in a single game? Yes. Multiple? No.

If this is all based on what a member of riot deems abuse, such as me pointing out things that happen in the game, or responding rudely, but non insultingly to people who insult me, I don't think this is the game for me anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
SnuggleLumpicus:
For my first punishment, I was given a chat log. For any after, I never was.


The Reform Card system is down for maintenance along with the Tribunal. We all wish that it was up, I promise you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BradtheMan

Senior Member

09-30-2014

If someone has never received any notification that they've been under any scrutiny for their actions at any point whatsoever how can you blanket people with this? I've played since beta and never received any warnings or time bans or ANYTHING. Now I get this? How can I reform what I don't know is broken? If you give no first offense type of warning you can't give me a first/last warning all at once. That's ridiculous. I've paid way too much money into this game to be treated like this. I demand answers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
BradtheMan:
If someone has never received any notification that they've been under any scrutiny for their actions at any point whatsoever how can you blanket people with this? I've played since beta and never received any warnings or time bans or ANYTHING. Now I get this? How can I reform what I don't know is broken? If you give no first offense type of warning you can't give me a first/last warning all at once. That's ridiculous. I've paid way too much money into this game to be treated like this. I demand answers.


As I previously said, we all wish that the Reform Card system was still up and running. We hope that it will return alongside the new Tribunal Soon(TM).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mars Ragnarok

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Veri, maybe you should add a "WE ARE NOT RIOT" disclaimer in big flashy letters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuffBait

Junior Member

09-30-2014

I haven't even been logged onto League for roughly a week and I received a ban. Do they really suddenly implement such a system with no warning? I'm not arguing about the morality of that, but I really do believe it's simply unfair. Many players - such as myself - are sometimes not shy to implementing curse words in both reactions to the game and other players' performances.

It's well known that bans for harsh language weren't automated in any way (and therefore it may bring out the inner rebel-raiser in LoL players such as myself). Wouldn't it be more fair to actually warn players of this kind of system in order to lessen the toxicity of players who actually care about their accounts and being able to play the game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
MuffBait:
I haven't even been logged onto League for roughly a week and I received a ban. Do they really suddenly implement such a system with no warning? I'm not arguing about the morality of that, but I really do believe it's simply unfair. Many players - such as myself - are sometimes not shy to implementing curse words in both reactions to the game and other players' performances.

It's well known that bans for harsh language weren't automated in any way (and therefore it may bring out the inner rebel-raiser in LoL players such as myself). Wouldn't it be more fair to actually warn players of this kind of system in order to lessen the toxicity of players who actually care about their accounts and being able to play the game?


This is the 5th ban wave of this nature, and was announced quite some time ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verideathul

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
Mars Ragnarok:
Veri, maybe you should add a "WE ARE NOT RIOT" disclaimer in big flashy letters.


Done and done, Mars. Thank you.