Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Cold "Call" Scam Spammer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naejin

09-30-2014

Hi, I was recently sent a cold "call" advertisement via launcher "friend" message. I believe they are a new type of scam spammer. I don't know how this person even was able to send me a tell as I couldn't find them on my friends list. Anyway, I hope to make this visible for both players to warn them not to click on the link (as it might lead you to a place with a keylogger), as well as Riot so they can start addressing this issue. Is there a better way to report this type of scam activity?

scam spam.jpg

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkElderGod

09-30-2014

Report it in a ticket I guess. You can always tell when it's a scam because they fail hard at English. Had probably dozens of emails like this trying to scam my WoW account back in the day (I quit years ago). Riot probably won't do anything unless they get inundated with similar reports because they're too busy making money.