Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Soraka Sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Amazing

09-30-2014

This rework is so ****ing bad. I'm never playing this champion ever again. The person that reworked it should be fired. This is ****.

Splorchess

09-30-2014

I've seen so many ignorant comments as if soraka is in a glass tube by herself. A lot of champions and supports don't do wonders in and of themselves without a proper team comp. It doesn't suddenly make them useless. I means you need to think about what kind of team you're building.

Example: Team comp with Soraka + Malphite. Malphite intends to engage with ult, soraka casts e underneath his intended targets. Not only can they not flash to dodge his ult, but by the time they touch ground and are furiously hitting flash(or displacement ability) they can't because silence into snare. Malphite will probably take some damage for being the engager. Soraka can easily heal up the initial damage, drop an insured Q for sustain and slow and step back into the rest of her team, ready to assist as needed. Malphite can be replaced with Amumu, Liss, Zyra, Wukong ults. Hell. Anyone that can lock people down and need them to stay put, the silence is amazing as everyones go to flash, jump, charge, all become unusable. It can be used at a decent range as well and is instantly in effect. Moments like that allow for Soraka to take very little risk, while patching up team mates and regenerating her own health.

EffectFX

09-30-2014

Quote:
TSM Amazing:
And for everyone else, there's real supports that actually do meaningful and useful stuff.

Soraka will never ever be played in competitive play with her current kit.

Her play rate will continue to downward spiral.

Other than healing allies (which is only good if you max W and build some AP, which means not SV or Warmogs), she does everything inferior to every other support.

If you don't think 3.5 seconds of CC and massive healing isn't meaningful, then I dont know what to tell you.

She wasn't going to see competitive play with her old kit. She has a much better chance now.

Her playrate was **** before the changes. Her pickrate has actually gone up by 5%, the second biggest pick rate increase since patch 4.17.

Most reworks lead to a downward spiral at first, but as Riot makes adjustments to numbers that shouldn't be a problem. Note that Soraka's pickrate and winrate have gone up.

Her healing is good even without AP, which you can afford to build a little AP even with SV or warmogs. Her healing is superior to ANY support in the game. Not many supports Support have 3.5 seconds of CC potential.

Quote:
Ræyna:

But all her allies will get bursted down by the team she heals them with her w, especially the ADC.

Let me know when you post something that makes sense.

Quote:
TSM Amazing:
This rework is so ****ing bad. I'm never playing this champion ever again. The person that reworked it should be fired. This is ****.

Or you're just bad with her new kit, which isn't surprising.

TSM Amazing

09-30-2014

Quote:
Splorchess:
I've seen so many ignorant comments as if soraka is in a glass tube by herself. A lot of champions and supports don't do wonders in and of themselves without a proper team comp. It doesn't suddenly make them useless. I means you need to think about what kind of team you're building.

Example: Team comp with Soraka + Malphite. Malphite intends to engage with ult, soraka casts e underneath his intended targets. Not only can they not flash to dodge his ult, but by the time they touch ground and are furiously hitting flash(or displacement ability) they can't because silence into snare. Malphite will probably take some damage for being the engager. Soraka can easily heal up the initial damage, drop an insured Q for sustain and slow and step back into the rest of her team, ready to assist as needed. Malphite can be replaced with Amumu, Liss, Zyra, Wukong ults. Hell. Anyone that can lock people down and need them to stay put, the silence is amazing as everyones go to flash, jump, charge, all become unusable. It can be used at a decent range as well and is instantly in effect. Moments like that allow for Soraka to take very little risk, while patching up team mates and regenerating her own health.

Team ignores malphite and instantly kills Soraka, they then proceed to **** on the rest of your team.

Every other champion that has ever been made has been viable on any team. Soraka is not viable on any team. You can theory craft how you want to play her, but she's garbage. She saw competitive play then Riot nerfed her. I'm pretty sure that they never wanted to see anyone play her ever again which is why they reworked her.

Who builds a champion that relies on killing yourself to do your job and if you get picked or jumped on in any sense you're dead because you have no peel, no sustain and no reliable CC?

You're a dolt if you think this rework in any sense of it is good.

Ræyna

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
If you don't think 3.5 seconds of CC and massive healing isn't meaningful, then I dont know what to tell you.

3.5 sec OMG! Chill out, 99% of the time isn't not going to be that long.

If you compare Soraka's kit to ANY other healer or support for that matter, she lacks all the skills needed to be a solid support.

Her CC lacks compared to Blitzcrank, Braum, Morgana and Leona.

Hell, even LuLu's shield and ULT are better overall when you add her slow and polymorph.

If your opponent has burst like Sheen or an Execute her W's scaling is almost useless.

Compare healing / support skills now:

Soraka loses 10% HP to heal less than 10% HP of her target. That's a net loss every time.
She must land 10 of her Q to restore her health to heal again,
maximum of 9 heals in lane before she needs to back.
Her slow on her Q is SS. Her E is SS. (Meaning anyone can miss)
Unless she buys a silly amount of POTs reducing the money she has for wards.
The only good ability on her kit is her R, which is hard to keep available with her high mana costs to poke and heal herself.
I'm also 75% sure her E no longer cancels channeling...

Ali heals himself, minions, and his ADC. All without risking anything. His knockback is guaranteed, his knockup is guaranteed.

Taric does a solid heal for himself and his ADC, provides armor and armor shred and his stun is guaranteed. He even provides stats with his ult.

Janna's knockup has more range and does damage. Her slow is guaranteed. Her heal is a better disengage and heals a great amount. Plus she has a shield trades damage better than Soraka's W (which is nerfed at higher healths)

Sona heals herself and her ally, her poke is automatic, her power chord is easy burst/poke, her ultimate stuns on contact, not after a delay, and she provides movement speed.

Nami heals herself, her ally, and possibly damages enemies. She provides movement speed to herself and her ally. Her knockups are faster to be applied and have a large area overall. And she provides on hit damage.

On every level, in each instance, for overall CC totals and healing effects and ally buffs...
EVERY OTHER SUPPORT CHAMPION IS BETTER THAN SORAKA.

Gareth Tankin

09-30-2014

Quote:
Splorchess:

Yeah.
It just feels too niche though, like if you don't have the right team comp or are fighting a bad comp for Soraka, it can effectively be a 4v5 mid->late game...
That's a lil extreme.
If the enemy starts dealing too much dmg too fast.. she is the worst support in LoL.
That seems like a bad rework.

I'm fine with her being niche competitive, I'm fine with quarky dmg and CC, I just hate how hard she can be shut down by simple things.

EffectFX

09-30-2014

Quote:
Ræyna:
3.5 sec OMG! Chill out, 99% of the time isn't not going to be that long.

If you compare Soraka's kit to ANY other healer or support for that matter, she lacks all the skills needed to be a solid support.

False. Stopped reading right there.

Ræyna

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
False. Stopped reading right there.

Too bad. You missed out.

EffectFX

09-30-2014

Quote:
Ræyna:
Too bad. You missed out.

I seriously doubt that. You demonstrated that you simply have no idea how to use soraka's new kit.

Ræyna

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
I seriously doubt that. You demonstrated that you simply have no idea how to use soraka's new kit.

I've actually won a game with her, first too.

But if you compare her support kit to any other support she just doesn't have enough of anything to make her worthwhile. If you read the above post it lists the other supports abilities which are better than a (possible) 3.5 second CC and that have MUCH LESS risks. In fact, each other support is basically all reward by comparison.