Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Soraka Sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaukruger

10-05-2014

Soraka used to be my go to mid to counter casters so that's the only real way I played her. I've yet to play her as a support so I can't say too much about her.

From what I can tell though Soraka is much better during the laning phase than she ever has been. Buy an amulet coin and use your heals sparingly and you HP is fine, or in a panic moment be able to spam your heal to keep the ADC in lane.

The hate come from that this new Soraka plays 95% differently than the old Soraka. People who didn't use her a lot can look at this and go "ooh this is so much better" and may e that's true. However old Soraka mains will look at this and see "great I have lost my favorite champ and now have to learn a brand new one that I might now like"

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-05-2014

Quote:
Riku Wolyafa:
Dude get a life ô.ô

This is the most ineffective, retarded thing you can say to another person when you are arguing on an internet forum about anything.

Y'all are *****ing about Soraka's rework for the wrong reasons (if there even are "right" reasons), and Effect has been fencing with these arguments (as I have) ever since that patch hit live servers.

He's tired, to the point where he doesn't want to write a specialized "**** you" note to each and every last one of you mother****ing whiny bastards. The reason he's using the same, generic response is because it still applies, you dense ****.

And then you tell him to "get a life" when you don't even know the guy. That doesn't put any points on your side of a debate; all it does is attempt to insult the person with whom you are arguing.

Get the **** out.

3ntf4k3d

10-05-2014

Quote:
Blaukruger:
The hate come from that this new Soraka plays 95% differently than the old Soraka. People who didn't use her a lot can look at this and go "ooh this is so much better" and may e that's true. However old Soraka mains will look at this and see "great I have lost my favorite champ and now have to learn a brand new one that I might now like"

Not really what happened in my case. She was my favorite champ more or less from the minute I joined the League. Still, I really enjoy the rework because it pronounces her ability as a healer even more, while also adding more interaction with the enemy. I am constantly trying to find an opportunity to land Starcall and Equinox, creating a playstile that is much more active (and fun) - at least for me.

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
[...] Get the **** out.

We should all calm down a bit. Soraka would not want us to fight and bicker.

Blaukruger

10-05-2014

Quote:
3ntf4k3d:
Not really what happened in my case. She was my favorite champ more or less from the minute I joined the League. Still, I really enjoy the rework because it pronounces her ability as a healer even more, while also adding more interaction with the enemy. I am constantly trying to find an opportunity to land Starcall and Equinox, creating a playstile that is much more active (and fun) - at least for me.

A fair point. This rework will not please everyone, nor will it make everyone angry. That being said the people who are finding this rework a failure have a valid point in simply that a champion they liked no longer works the way it used to.

EffectFX

10-06-2014

Quote:
Riku Wolyafa:
And again^^
This is what you tell everyone who expresses their feelings here. "You dont know what your talking about. Whatever you feel is wrong, i know better!"
There is a big difference between mindless qqing and expressing sadness that one of your favourite champions got destroyed the way you enjoyed it and turned into upper garbage to play as for New Player. But well keep on hating, seems like the only thing your capable off instead of thinking for one second about the person behind writing^^

Dude get a life ô.ô

It's no different from any other argument I've already demolished. If he wants to he can go read up on it. I have neither the time nor the patience to tell every single whiner why their complaint/argument/post is ridiculously inaccurate.

3ntf4k3d

10-06-2014

Quote:
Blaukruger:
A fair point. This rework will not please everyone, nor will it make everyone angry. That being said the people who are finding this rework a failure have a valid point in simply that a champion they liked no longer works the way it used to.

Certainly. The same happened to me when they reworked Karma. Taking away her fan-heal (and the extra charge on her R) meant that she had lost the main reason why I liked her. Adding those mocking voiceover lines ("Never fear change", "As Ionia changes - so must I&quot probably didn't help much either - I have rarely picked her since.

Still: Personal dislike for the rework does not mean that I can condemn it as a whole for the general public. Is the new Karma bad for me? Yes. Is she bad in general? No. It is okay to voice an opinion, but the bickering here is well past that point.