Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please Read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrEVOPVP

09-30-2014

Okay This is my second forum post and It was about getting banned. I was wondering I can request to get chat restricted because sometimes I feel that I am toxic but I dont know if I am I ask people in game if I am some say yes some say no so I just want to be chat ristricted when I play (I type to much anyways) I have problems with typing alot so I dont get perma banned if it does end up leading to that. I just want to know if theres a way I can improve my behavior can some one post some videos on how to do it? I hope I dont get alot of hate I just want to fix my problems.

Verideathul

09-30-2014

Quote:
DrEVOPVP:
Okay This is my second forum post and It was about getting banned. I was wondering I can request to get chat restricted because sometimes I feel that I am toxic but I dont know if I am I ask people in game if I am some say yes some say no so I just want to be chat ristricted when I play (I type to much anyways) I have problems with typing alot so I dont get perma banned if it does end up leading to that. I just want to know if theres a way I can improve my behavior can some one post some videos on how to do it? I hope I dont get alot of hate I just want to fix my problems.

Riot does not hold anyone's hand when it comes to behavioral punishments. Most people who are banned or restricted will hate to hear this, but it would be unfair of me not to say it. Nobody is forcing you to hit enter. Nobody is forcing you to type. Nobody is forcing you to hit enter again. You're doing all of that voluntarily. You will need to gain the self control to stop yourself. Even with a chat restriction, you'd have to have self control to keep yourself from being toxic.

DrEVOPVP

09-30-2014

Quote:
Verideathul:
Riot does not hold anyone's hand when it comes to behavioral punishments. Most people who are banned or restricted will hate to hear this, but it would be unfair of me not to say it. Nobody is forcing you to hit enter. Nobody is forcing you to type. Nobody is forcing you to hit enter again. You're doing all of that voluntarily. You will need to gain the self control to stop yourself. Even with a chat restriction, you'd have to have self control to keep yourself from being toxic.
is there anything you can suggest to me like any videos any tips I really dont want to get perma banned I really like my account (spent over $600) on it.

Verideathul

09-30-2014

Quote:
DrEVOPVP:
is there anything you can suggest to me like any videos any tips I really dont want to get perma banned I really like my account (spent over $600) on it.

Well, there are a few tips:

1) Don't hit enter.
2) Curse at the screen. You don't have to be silent. You just have to not let the rage spill over into game.
3) Remind yourself that it is just a game. Years from now, when and if you quit, or even when the season ends, your ELO is gone or reset. Your future family (or your current family) isn't going to measure you through ELO. ELO has 0 bearing on your life other than the bearing you let it have.

DrEVOPVP

10-01-2014

Quote:
Verideathul:
Well, there are a few tips:

1) Don't hit enter.
2) Curse at the screen. You don't have to be silent. You just have to not let the rage spill over into game.
3) Remind yourself that it is just a game. Years from now, when and if you quit, or even when the season ends, your ELO is gone or reset. Your future family (or your current family) isn't going to measure you through ELO. ELO has 0 bearing on your life other than the bearing you let it have.
I dont know why people down-voted this if they have a better answer please post ill up vote this because it seems like it will help.

DrEVOPVP

10-01-2014

Oh and Bump!

OhBoyItsaMegaman

10-01-2014

I don't know if I'd recommend cursing at the screen. If you're getting mad enough that you have to restrain yourself from hitting the Enter key because you know whatever comes out will be bannable, a lot of damage has already been done. You're already getting into a toxic mindset and probably letting it affect your game.

One method that you might try is respecting other players' opinions less. What do I mean? Well, how would you feel if a random 4-year-old kid called you stupid and ugly? I can't imagine you'd be upset; you'd probably laugh. If they kept repeating it, it might annoy you that the kid's parents are letting him run around being rude. But you wouldn't feel like you needed to retaliate and lash out at him (I hope!). You care nothing whatsoever about what this dumb kid thinks of you. His opinion is worthless to you so who cares what he says, right?

You could think of everyone this way. Expect them to do poorly and know nothing. Chuckle to yourself if they suck; chuckle a little louder if they tell you you suck. Don't bother talking to them, in the same way you wouldn't bother talking to a 4-year-old. Does it matter if they're wrong? Are you magically going to make them smart just by typing to them? Nah.

Fog and Mirrors

10-01-2014

I really believe that stopping play (Ban) over chat is kind of silly especially when we're not given a pregame blanket mute for players.. Some games ive started where a teammate litteraly starts with "wow fggot nice name" or WOW THAT PICK! etc to try and mock. I believe a self chat ban is more then you give it credit for.

a self chat ban request is a sign from the player that hes trying but he can't do it alone... saying we have to suck it up and not hit enter isnt really acceptable in the current world. where many people have mental and health issues and request help how can you not recognize that we understand our problem we simply need help to solve it. It is in many ways a perfect solution. Riot gets their guarantee of non-toxic behaviour. We get our guarantee we won't get banned short of if we were to intentionaly feed (which i havent just saying).

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4911042

Verideathul

10-01-2014

Quote:
Fog and Mirrors:
I really believe that stopping play (Ban) over chat is kind of silly especially when we're not given a pregame blanket mute for players.. Some games ive started where a teammate litteraly starts with "wow fggot nice name" or WOW THAT PICK! etc to try and mock. I believe a self chat ban is more then you give it credit for.

Ok. I disagree. Just because a mute button exists does not mean that people can talk how they want. When playing a game such as this, and someone starts with the quotes you've said, the damage is already done. Muting prevents further damage to that summoner, but that doesn't mean that the damage done prior to a mute shouldn't be reported for or accounted for.

Quote:
a self chat ban request is a sign from the player that hes trying but he can't do it alone... saying we have to suck it up and not hit enter isnt really acceptable in the current world.

Do you believe in self responsibility or self control for one's actions? If so, why have a crutch such as Riot holding someone's hand chat wise? If you don't believe in self responsibility or self control for one's actions...why?

Quote:
where many people have mental and health issues and request help how can you not recognize that we understand our problem we simply need help to solve it. It is in many ways a perfect solution. Riot gets their guarantee of non-toxic behaviour. We get our guarantee we won't get banned short of if we were to intentionaly feed (which i havent just saying).

If you have a mental issue that causes you to chronically flame, rage, or curse at online communities...one should probably stay away from online communities. As blunt as that sounds, the community isn't going to tolerate toxicity for any reason.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4911042[/QUOTE]

DrEVOPVP

10-05-2014

Bump!