Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Aatrox could use some love (under construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

justasmiff

Junior Member

09-30-2014

Aatrox I feel is one of those Champions that Riot brought in and then forget about completely. This isn't entirely true, since they did give him an awesome skin recently, but he really hasn't been used too often at any level of play or recieved a buff/nerf/tweak in a long time. I don't think he needs a complete rework, since his kit is based on the idea of an unkillable duelist fighter because of his massive amount of lifesteal and revive passive, but I believe he is just too easily kited as it can be unforgiving if a knockup is missed, as well as being too vunerably to cc because his main damage/defense comes from his W every third auto attack only.

I believe the following would make his kit slightly healthier:

EDIT:
Innate: Bloodwell

-Static cooldown reduced to 180s. Maximum attack speed
bonus increased to 1% for every 2% in the Bloodwell at
level 16.

Q: Dark Flight
-Radius of Darkflight (both damage and knockup)
increased by 10%

E: Blades of Torment
-Basic attacks now reduce the cooldown by .5 seconds

W: Bloodthirst/Bloodprice
-Applies 1/3 the selfheal/damage & HP cost every
auto-attack instead of every third auto-attack

EDIT:
R: Massacre

-Deals damage equal to 10/15/20% maximum health of all
enemies hit and heals for 50% of damage dealt -6.25% for
each enemy beyond 1 hit (50% for 1 enemy, 43.75% for 2
enemies, 37.5% for 3 enemies, 31.25% for 4 enemies, and
25% for 5 enemies). Deals bonus damage equal to 75% AD.

These changes would increase Aatrox's teamfight potential in terms of engaging, peeling, cleaning up, or chasing, as well as being more fogiving in the laning phase if Massacre is used and followed by the imediate disengage from the enemy. Please add your opinion on if this is a good, bad, or op change. Shout out to Dallaskills for helpful comments of which edits are based off of. =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rayvaco

Junior Member

09-30-2014

I agree with him needed love. Though I have mostly played him only in ARAMs where in AD build he is so under equipped to handle most fights. On the Other hand his AP build in ARAMs is actually hardy enough to gain kills and survive. Though they play style is passive and boring except the dive in, Ult, Use passive revive, Flash out moments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cFlame

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Aatrox should have a buff for his team, like Warwick does. Aatrox IS supposed ot inspire his team to charge in with him right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Only thing Aatrox absolutely needs is for his bloodwell decay to be slower.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLapse

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
Only thing Aatrox absolutely needs is for his bloodwell decay to be slower.


Honestly when I come up early game as Aatrox to kill people, most cases I succeed if the top laner is not necessarily a duelist.

But in the same game, if I don't build defensively and start backing off, suddenly they can start killing me. It's ridiculous. He needs that W change up there more than anything else.

Why would you need slower decay if you were already building up Blood Well quickly under many scenarios?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
SirLapse:

Why would you need slower decay if you were already building up Blood Well quickly under many scenarios?


Because Aatroxs is feast or famine. When he's ahead he does great. When he's behind he struggles. Part of this struggle is because he can almost never keep his bloodwell full when he's behind. If someone can zone you away from minions you are most certainly never going to get bloodwell full.

This decay also affects him during base sieges, because you're required to constantly be attacking to keep a full bloodwell he essentially has to risk eating poke in order to keep it full during a push.

I've never had problems with any other part of his kit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLapse

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
Because Aatroxs is feast or famine. When he's ahead he does great. When he's behind he struggles. Part of this struggle is because he can almost never keep his bloodwell full when he's behind. If someone can zone you away from minions you are most certainly never going to get bloodwell full.

This decay also affects him during base sieges, because you're required to constantly be attacking to keep a full bloodwell he essentially has to risk eating poke in order to keep it full during a push.

I've never had problems with any other part of his kit.


The feast or famine side is generated from his W entirely. You need to land 3 or get nothing from it. Aatrox is melee and thus will have less chances to do so when compared with someone like Vayne. Riot nerfed his W so it wasn't all feast and no famine btw. So yes, he needs WAY more than a Blood Well "fix."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffectFX

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
SirLapse:
The feast or famine side is generated from his W entirely. You need to land 3 or get nothing from it. Aatrox is melee and thus will have less chances to do so when compared with someone like Vayne. Riot nerfed his W so it wasn't all feast and no famine btw. So yes, he needs WAY more than a Blood Well "fix."


No, his W isn't a problem. It's not likely his W decays (like Diana passive, Vi W, Vayne W), it stays on whatever tick you were on. Riot has never touched his W ever since his release. No, no he doesn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLapse

Senior Member

09-30-2014

Quote:
EffectFX:
No, his W isn't a problem. It's not likely his W decays (like Diana passive, Vi W, Vayne W), it stays on whatever tick you were on. Riot has never touched his W ever since his release. No, no he doesn't.


Then why would he have his Blood Well attack speed nerfed? Combined with his W early game, all you had to do was poke with E like normal and then rush in with Q>Blood Priced AA's. That was usually enough to break mostly everyone at lv3. Nerfing his attack speed is literally the same as nerfing his W.

At current decay for Aatrox's kit, he would lose 25% attack speed when his passive is nearly capped. That's not his early game where he can only get around 35-40% from his passive. If he is being affected by such small incremental boosts of his passive, then there is more to what is wrong with him than the Blood Well itself.

You also tend to make short responses without much substance to the point you're trying to make. It makes whatever you're saying seem heavily unsupported. Just saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleeper Cell

Senior Member

09-30-2014

I think you could place a flat cooldown reduction on hit onto Blood Price to add even more incentive to sacrifice your health instead of sitting on Blood Thirst all day.

And I agree with a Dark Flight radius increase. I personally think both the knockup radius and damage radius should increase with level so at level 5 the level 1 damage radius would be the knockup radius. Something like that. Maybe not as drastically large lol. Maybe 75% of what the level 1 radius is.