Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If you want people to stop downtalking people on their own team...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-02-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
you call this a balanced match? with 50% chance to win on both sides?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566558232/210503520

yeah that match turned out real balanced

Yes, it was and it did.

You are giving a pre-30 blind normals match as an example. This is easily the least stable PvP format, as there is no way to know what your opponents are planning and little time to plan a coherent team strategy.

The two level-30 players obviously queued together, along with their Ashe (look at the names). Your team has considerably more normals wins (752 to 569) and the two ranked players are only in Silver. They weren't the problem.

The problem was the Akali, a reset champion that you clearly had no idea how to handle. She didn't get her first kill until eight minutes in, but she managed half their kills.

This wasn't matchmaking. It was inexperience with a specific champion.

Matthias9119

10-02-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
you call this a balanced match? with 50% chance to win on both sides?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566558232/210503520

yeah that match turned out real balanced

Riot's match history is not coming up for me right now, but based on that screenshot it doesn't look particularly lopsided in terms of ranks, summoner levels, or games played. League is a snowbally game by nature -- even if the match ended up looking very lopsided at the end that doesn't mean it was actually over at champion select.

Also, like Mr. Ulanpopo said, pre-30 Normals can be sketchy, especially if you're playing on a smurf account. If you come in stomping people left and right it can give you a very high MMR very quickly.

rocketdrive

10-04-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
Yes, it was and it did.

You are giving a pre-30 blind normals match as an example. This is easily the least stable PvP format, as there is no way to know what your opponents are planning and little time to plan a coherent team strategy.

The two level-30 players obviously queued together, along with their Ashe (look at the names). Your team has considerably more normals wins (752 to 569) and the two ranked players are only in Silver. They weren't the problem.

The problem was the Akali, a reset champion that you clearly had no idea how to handle. She didn't get her first kill until eight minutes in, but she managed half their kills.

This wasn't matchmaking. It was inexperience with a specific champion.

this would be valid if I was a first time ashe. guess what, I wasn't. I guess that trash your whole "learn2play" argument there now doesn't it?

rocketdrive

10-04-2014

Quote:
Matthias9119:
Riot's match history is not coming up for me right now, but based on that screenshot it doesn't look particularly lopsided in terms of ranks, summoner levels, or games played. League is a snowbally game by nature -- even if the match ended up looking very lopsided at the end that doesn't mean it was actually over at champion select.

Also, like Mr. Ulanpopo said, pre-30 Normals can be sketchy, especially if you're playing on a smurf account. If you come in stomping people left and right it can give you a very high MMR very quickly.

Stop redhearing this into an argument about ranked. this is about public matchmaking and how it intentionally lopsided matches despite being designed to create balance. Unless your saying I'm so good I can 1v5 two silvers in a 5-man premade I don't really understand your argument.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
this would be valid if I was a first time ashe. guess what, I wasn't. I guess that trash your whole "learn2play" argument there now doesn't it?

I wasn't saying "leasrn2play". I was saying that you based your argument on the idea that the outcome was the result of a matchmaking error and I don't think that's the case. I think matchmaking worked pretty well there, given what it had to work with. Level 28-30 blind normals are difficult to balance.

Akali is a late-game snowballing champion. You can look at the kill record to see that she reached critical mass and your team didn't have a way to manage her. That's not the fault of matchmaking.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
this is about public matchmaking and how it intentionally lopsided matches despite being designed to create balance.

I don't understand the use of the word "intentionally" here. Can you please clarify?

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

10-04-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
Stop redhearing this into an argument about ranked. this is about public matchmaking and how it intentionally lopsided matches despite being designed to create balance. Unless your saying I'm so good I can 1v5 two silvers in a 5-man premade I don't really understand your argument.

I don't understand where Matthias said anything about Ranked in the post you quoted. Every matchmade game type uses an MMR rating to determine the most balanced matches it can. Ranked may show you a rough measure of that (in your Rank), but all of them use MMR.

BmxSpecks

10-05-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
...stop giving me the bottom of bronze 5 while placing me against challenger 1 premades. Forcing me into such an imbalanced fight is only asking for rage. Whether all sides include bronze or challenger I care not, I just want an even ****ing chance of winning without having to buy RP to get fair match making.

(common forumer: "but RP doesn't have anything to do with matchmaking&quot
Until Riot opens their servers and I get to inspect that code when ever I please while the client is live you have no proof.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL i feel bad for people like this. so blinded by ignorance.

BmxSpecks

10-05-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
...stop giving me the bottom of bronze 5 while placing me against challenger 1 premades. Forcing me into such an imbalanced fight is only asking for rage. Whether all sides include bronze or challenger I care not, I just want an even ****ing chance of winning without having to buy RP to get fair match making.

(common forumer: "but RP doesn't have anything to do with matchmaking&quot
Until Riot opens their servers and I get to inspect that code when ever I please while the client is live you have no proof.

Heres a thought i never bought Rp once until i hit D1 and it was a gift from my brother. so theres that theory. Also you can win Rp from tournies you tool

Verideathul

10-05-2014

Quote:
BmxSpecks:
Heres a thought i never bought Rp once until i hit D1 and it was a gift from my brother.

So far so good.

Quote:
so theres that theory.

Yup.

Quote:
Also you can win Rp from tournies you tool

Annnnnd stop. No need for this kind of retaliation, or the one below:

Quote:
BmxSpecks:
LOOOOOOOOOOOL i feel bad for people like this. so blinded by ignorance.

Constructive advice is best.