Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If you want people to stop downtalking people on their own team...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rocketdrive

09-30-2014

...stop giving me the bottom of bronze 5 while placing me against challenger 1 premades. Forcing me into such an imbalanced fight is only asking for rage. Whether all sides include bronze or challenger I care not, I just want an even ****ing chance of winning without having to buy RP to get fair match making.

(common forumer: "but RP doesn't have anything to do with matchmaking&quot
Until Riot opens their servers and I get to inspect that code when ever I please while the client is live you have no proof.

Shelzin

09-30-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
Until Riot opens their servers and I get to inspect that code when ever I please while the client is live you have no proof.

*shrugs*

I'm perfectly happy thinking you are an idiot for that belief. I see no reason why I should bother to change your mind given your stance.

rocketdrive

09-30-2014

Quote:
Shelzin:
*shrugs*

I'm perfectly happy thinking you are an idiot for that belief. I see no reason why I should bother to change your mind given your stance.

typical 4fun-er response. When you actually want to win the game come back.

Mars Ragnarok

09-30-2014

dv;mo

themaddscientist

09-30-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:
...stop giving me the bottom of bronze 5 while placing me against challenger 1 premades. Forcing me into such an imbalanced fight is only asking for rage. Whether all sides include bronze or challenger I care not, I just want an even ****ing chance of winning without having to buy RP to get fair match making.

Not sure if exaggeration, or just really annoyed at something. I will admit that if you're playing normals then matchmaking is definitely not as consistent, but given that your posting account appears to be a smurf (no Ranked games for season 4 and no match history showing up on your LoLKing), I suppose I can't prove anything. What are you trying to hide?

Quote:

You misspelled "common sense." Riot has very little to gain and everything to lose by lying to us, and one conspiracy theory about how RP supposedly gives you an edge in the matchmaker (or whatever bs logic you're trying to say here) isn't going to gain much ground here. You, on the other hand, have a lot to gain and nothing to lose by lying. Again, see the fact that you're posting on a smurf account, so either you're hiding something or don't have a clue what you're talking about. When you're willing to be more honest, Riot MIGHT be willing to give you source code, IF they knew you wouldn't also pass it along to someone so that it can more easily be hacked.

powerbats

09-30-2014

Quote:
rocketdrive:

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

You do realize how foolish that statement I bolded sounds right, knowing the fact that it's completely untrue and unreal. Ranked can only do duo queues at the most and until you post on your man not a smurf we have no way of verifying your match history claims for normal's either. The matchmaking system won't place you against challenger 4 mans either since you'd be posting on your main if your skill was that high which it's not.

Also asking for something you know you won't get is just a pure Red Herring to distract us from the fact you have no real claims other than you don't win and you don't like being punished for being a jerk.

rocketdrive

10-02-2014

Quote:
powerbats:
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

You do realize how foolish that statement I bolded sounds right, knowing the fact that it's completely untrue and unreal. Ranked can only do duo queues at the most and until you post on your man not a smurf we have no way of verifying your match history claims for normal's either. The matchmaking system won't place you against challenger 4 mans either since you'd be posting on your main if your skill was that high which it's not.

Also asking for something you know you won't get is just a pure Red Herring to distract us from the fact you have no real claims other than you don't win and you don't like being punished for being a jerk.

When did I mention this was a ranked game? When did I say that statement this exact thing happened to me?
So besides the fact that you're blindly keyboard crusading, as much of the 4funners do around the forums, Lets address your arguments:

hey you remember this quote? oh right you wrote it. then you do realize that I can just as easily dismiss your claims since you provide no proof that in normal UNRANKED 5v5's you have nothing that states you cannot be placed against challengers while being matched with the lowest of bronze 5. To my knowledge, normal unranked does not discriminate according to your rank, though in my opinion it should. Quote from a forum post:

Initially, the system will only match you with very similar players based on the rating you have been assigned. Eventually, it gives you less ideal matches because it doesn't want you to be in line forever.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=12029

While I admit this is info back in 2009, it is the most readily available info on matchmaking, and according to this I may not be LCS material but i can easily get matched against a full planum team while all my teammates are bronze. I'll leave challenger out of the discussion since you apparently don't take sarcasm very well. Now that I have a point with, what is most likely outdate, evidence I await your response keyboard crusader. Lets see who resorts to fallacies first.

PrivateBaldric

10-02-2014

Quote:

Funny thing is you have no proof either. So this thread is completely pointless.

Matthias9119

10-02-2014

Quote:
Initially, the system will only match you with very similar players based on the rating you have been assigned. Eventually, it gives you less ideal matches because it doesn't want you to be in line forever.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...ad.php?t=12029

While I admit this is info back in 2009, it is the most readily available info on matchmaking, and according to this I may not be LCS material but i can easily get matched against a full planum team while all my teammates are bronze. I'll leave challenger out of the discussion since you apparently don't take sarcasm very well. Now that I have a point with, what is most likely outdate, evidence I await your response keyboard crusader. Lets see who resorts to fallacies first.

...and? They try to set up matches where each team has a ~50% chance to win. If you're in queue for a long time (usually because ether your MMR is really high and/ or it's a slow time of day) it might resort to giving you a more lopsided game, or one containing players with a wider range of skill. There's not really much else they can do unless you want to sit in queue indefinitely rather than playing.

Yes, in theory this means that if the matchmaking queue ONLY contained a 5-man Plat premade and 5 random terrible players it might match them up. That doesn't happen when there are an adequate number of players online.

Also, Ranked MMR != Normal MMR. A lot of players don't "tryhard" as much in Normal play. Of course this can cause issues when a strong player usually slacks off but DOES decide to go all-out in Normals, but inconsistent players are very hard to rate properly. Riot can't psychically know whether they're going to slack off or not in their next match.

If you want to discuss specific matches you'll need to post on your main and point them out.

rocketdrive

10-02-2014

Quote:
Matthias9119:
...and? They try to set up matches where each team has a ~50% chance to win. If you're in queue for a long time (usually because ether your MMR is really high and/ or it's a slow time of day) it might resort to giving you a more lopsided game, or one containing players with a wider range of skill. There's not really much else they can do unless you want to sit in queue indefinitely rather than playing.

Yes, in theory this means that if the matchmaking queue ONLY contained a 5-man Plat premade and 5 random terrible players it might match them up. That doesn't happen when there are an adequate number of players online.

Also, Ranked MMR != Normal MMR. A lot of players don't "tryhard" as much in Normal play. Of course this can cause issues when a strong player usually slacks off but DOES decide to go all-out in Normals, but inconsistent players are very hard to rate properly. Riot can't psychically know whether they're going to slack off or not in their next match.

If you want to discuss specific matches you'll need to post on your main and point them out.

you call this a balanced match? with 50% chance to win on both sides?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566558232/210503520

yeah that match turned out real balanced

imba match 1.jpg