Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poppy: would this....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rayvaco

09-29-2014

Would this change how poppy be play on a competitive level? If so, for the worse or best? Wikia was my resource. Also the numbers are subject to change, but not the style of play for abilities. What I'm aiming for is a safer lane phase.

Valiant Fighter: {reworked}
"The harder they hit, the harder they fall!"

All physical and magic damage dealt to Poppy that exceeds 12% of her Max health is converted by 175% towards a temporary ward of 1. seconds. COOLDOWN of 1.75 seconds.

Devastating Blow: COST: 65 mana, COOLDOWN: 12 / 11 / 9 / 7 / 5
Devastating Blow: {upped mana cost, increased CD at lower levels, reworked dmg's}

Active: Poppy's next basic attack is converted into magic damage and deals bonus magic damage equal to a flat amount plus 8% of the target's maximum health. Devastating Blow's flat bonus plus percent health component cannot exceed a damage threshold.

{new}
Total Magic Damage: 30 / 50 / 80 / 100 / 150 (+ 100% AD) (+ 60% AP) (+ 8% of target's maximum health)
Maximum Bonus Damage: 75 / 150 / 225 / 325 / 400

{old}
Total Magic Damage: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 (+ 100% AD) (+ 60% AP) (+ 8% of target's maximum health)
Maximum Bonus Damage: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 / 375

Paragon of Demacia: {reworked}
Paragon of Demacia COST: 40 / 45 / 50 / 60 / 65 mana, COOLDOWN: 10 seconds

Active: Poppy throws a hammer at a target enemy dealing magic damage, and applying to her bonus movement for 5 seconds. If poppy kills champ/minion with her hammer. She temporary gains bonus Max health for 5 seconds that degenerates after 3 seconds.

Magic Damage: 40 / 50 / 60 / 80 / 100 (+ 80% AP)
Movement Speed: 17 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 25%
Bonus Max health: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 / 375

Heroic Charge {new, longer reach}
Heroic Charge: RANGE: 555 from 525, COST: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana, COOLDOWN: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8

Active: Poppy charges at an enemy, dealing magic damage and carrying it 300 units along with her. If they collide with terrain, she stuns her target for 1.5 seconds, dealing additional magic damage.

Magic Damage: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+ 40% AP)
Collision Magic Damage: 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+ 40% AP)
Total Magic Damage: 125 / 200 / 275 / 350 / 425 (+ 80% AP)

Diplomatic Duel RANGE: 550, COST: 100 mana, COOLDOWN: 140 / 120 / 100
Diplomatic Duel {reworked, added CC, and increased damage affliction.}

Active: Poppy knocks back enemies, and allies by 550 range. Snaring all affected by 50%. Poppy then focuses intently on a single enemy champion, dealing, and receiving 50% amplified damage, and becoming immune to all damage and abilities from enemies other than her target.

Duration: 6 / 7 / 8

EndlessSorcerer

09-29-2014

The thing is, Riot doesn't really want her played competitively. Quite a while ago, they stated that she would be nerfed or reworked if she ever say competitive play. While I'm not sure if that is still their intention, she has a lot of power in her ultimate and her passive to justify her weak early game.

Rayvaco

09-30-2014

bump

SirLapse

09-30-2014

Quote:
Rayvaco:
bump

I can see already that you're not going to acknowledge that a kit rework takes more than just 2 hours to make. Seriously, she needs her entire kit remade with better basic stats.

Here's how binary her gameplay turns out:
Poppy never gets to late game - team probably lost.
Poppy makes it late game - team probably will win.

And this is all based off of the fact that she's a number controlled champion. Her effectiveness is based off of having higher numbers than everyone else, which doesn't exist in the early game.

I can't even understand what that passive rework is meant to do because it's not grammar checked. All I know is that you're basically making the passive pretty similar to the one that exists now, which is extremely unbalanced for late game.

And Riot already mentioned that for clarity reasons, an entity that would amplify damage to the champion receiving the damage must only be an outside source. Otherwise it leads to uncertain gameplay.

Not to mention the anti-fun involved with "why would I want a skill that makes me take more damage?"

Rayvaco

09-30-2014

The passive I thought up, would give her a ward based of the overabundance of damage she took. Then its amped up. It also has a .75 second cool down to allow damage to be inserted between wards so as to not allow her to be 100% warded in a fight. This allows her to take damage at a slower rate, giving healers time to heal, if possible.

With your last point. I added the 50% added damage to enemy target and Poppy to allow counter play. Not only the CC that the knockback and snare added are powerful. The bonus damage she takes coverts to higher wards. So if that poppy took on a soft target that did high damage. She would benefit from larger wards. Allowing any sustain items to slowly if not gain back health.

Granted, I'm no all seeing eye of.... god. Though I would like to think I thought of the build that I suggested slightly more than your reply. Hence the point I made in the first paragraph. The one that talks about the feel of the build over the numbers. The numbers are Riots job.

Also I'm sorry you didn't understand the passive. Basically it caps her damage taken to 12% of her max health. The left over damage she would have took is amplified by 175% and converted to a protective ward.
With the passive working like this, Poppy has to watch how much health she want to have. For a larger amount would equal a larger base amount of damage she would always take. This may rule out a tank build.

As for clarity. The fact that she knocks back every one from her, "thanks for mentioning this, I got sleepy before inserting info" would suggest that her ultimate has been used. The graphical effect would be applied to both her and enemy target with a connecting golden beam. This golden effect would reinforce the ULT's visual, and allows both sides to react to it.

I hope that helps you to understand the build I Offer. I'm trying to keep the same feel that poppy has now. The Slam and Bash feel, with the hardiness that her passive and ULT offer. Just with more counter play, and added lane phase options.

Mohrb

10-04-2014

Ult sounds pretty similar to Jarvan IV...

Rayvaco

10-06-2014

You really think so? I don't really see it since J4's ults meant to hold people in a small spot.