Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why are there so many trolls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flamewarrior11

09-29-2014

I can understand trolls in normal. But today i wanted to play my first ranked but to my surprise there was troll after the opponent team got two kills our sona just gave up and just walked through mid lane and fed there zed. I don't even know how that's fair. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Shadowpumpkin

LittleDi

09-29-2014

Use on forum match history.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1562524808/34021527

Shows every single death location.

22 out of her 24 deaths were to the enemy mid and jungler. Match was under 21 minutes.

Flamewarrior11

09-29-2014

For some reason i couldn't use the forum match history it wasn't coming up so i used this one.

Shelzin

09-29-2014

Yep... That's feeding.

LittleDi

09-29-2014

Takes a while to load up, just figured I'd save you the trouble of finding it.

On the plus side it's easily seen as intentional feeding. It shows her selling the items she had and buying boots of mobility with homeguard to accelerate her death spree. Top tower was the only one destroyed by your team and it was by minions. Sona dove mid tower not once, or twice, but at least 3 times far enough to reach the second middle tower.

And while the forums do not permit a name and shame thread I consider this evidence. Especially since the data does not lie.

AraMoOse

09-29-2014

Quote:
Flamewarrior11:
I can understand trolls in normal. But today i wanted to play my first ranked but to my surprise there was troll after the opponent team got two kills our sona just gave up and just walked through mid lane and fed there zed. I don't even know how that's fair. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Shadowpumpkin

Fair? How old are you that you still expect life to be fair? Anyways, the answer to your question is that people are idiots. Keep this wisdom close and you will never be surprised by human idiocy again.

Aylywyn

09-29-2014

That is very likely Intentional Feeding. Hopefully you Reported in-Game where you are supposed to.

Posting a Name on the Forums is against the rules. I'd remove it from the post.

Send in a Support Ticket if you think you need to do more.

Also, if you don't feed ever, there is a greater chance any feeder will be on the Enemy Team. That's about as fair as it gets.

Jubbinaut

Recruiter

09-29-2014

Quote:
AraMoOse:
Fair? How old are you that you still expect life to be fair? Anyways, the answer to your question is that people are idiots. Keep this wisdom close and you will never be surprised by human idiocy again.

I'm 32 and I still get upset when things aren't fair. I'm not surprised by it anymore, but I'm bothered as hell by it. Though I found a quote in a weird place to help me put that whole "fairness" thing in perspective: "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - narrator, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

On the other hand, I don't necessarily view this as unfair. Those people that got that win because of this Sona? They'll wind up losing a game (if they haven't already) to the same kind of thing, eventually. And the OP will wind up winning a game to the same kind of thing, eventually, as well. It balances in the long run. To paraphrase the above: "On a long enough timeline, trolls affect everyone the same."

Phazon Elite

09-29-2014

Quote:
LittleDi:
Use on forum match history.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1562524808/34021527

Speaking of the match history, anyone else having problems with being able to see the match history? For me I just see a blank on where the match information is supposed to be. I tried it on both firefox and internet explorer, but the same thing happens. I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now.

Edit: Well I see OP is having the same problem too.

AraMoOse

09-29-2014

Quote:
Jubbinaut:
I'm 32 and I still get upset when things aren't fair. I'm not surprised by it anymore, but I'm bothered as hell by it. Though I found a quote in a weird place to help me put that whole "fairness" thing in perspective: "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - narrator, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

On the other hand, I don't necessarily view this as unfair. Those people that got that win because of this Sona? They'll wind up losing a game (if they haven't already) to the same kind of thing, eventually. And the OP will wind up winning a game to the same kind of thing, eventually, as well. It balances in the long run. To paraphrase the above: "On a long enough timeline, trolls affect everyone the same."

Well, don't let me get too philosophical on someone else's thread, but for what it's worth, I don't think you are disagreeing with me. Fairness is something you can hope for; a fairer world would almost certainly be a better world. It is also a quality you can aspire to on a personal basis. It is NOT something you should expect. I think you would agree with this based on when you said "I'm not surprised by it anymore".