Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which two would make fine judges?

Kuronan 5 16.13%
AngelOfFreeWill 2 6.45%
BattlexMistress 7 22.58%
Rossendale 1 3.23%
Orangufang 0 0%
AskKarthus 9 29.03%
Lil Bearcharmer 1 3.23%
CALEB THEBADDEST 0 0%
SerpantsEmbrace 16 51.61%
Ask ShacoV2 11 35.48%
JPLangely2 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 31 .

Judge Selection: Azir (Votes!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-29-2014

Well folks, your judge candidates have been chosen. Now, it is time to vote to see who gets selected. ONLY TWO VOTES ARE ALLOWED PER PERSON VOTING. DO NOT VOTE USING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. Once for a primary choice, and again for a secondary. Hopefully, that will make final choices simple and easy.

If three candidates vastly outnumber the others, a set of 3 judges will be selected from the total votes.

If five candidates are fairly close, a set of 5 judges will be selected to form the panel.

<VOTING FOR YOURSELF IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED>

Getting friends to vote for you if they're strangers to the
forums and don't participate in some way here is forbidden.

People caught doing so will immediately be disqualified. As this poll is public, everyone can see who votes for who to eliminate chances to get away from this penalty. Judges, however, are free to vote for people OTHER than themselves if they wish to have their voices heard.

Good luck to everyone!

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-29-2014

It takes time to enter all the choices.

It adds the poll to the thread after that's done.

You'll see it's there now. >__>

This isn't something new or anything. That literally happens virtually every single time.

Kuronan

09-29-2014

Good Luck to everyone involved and may the Community Favorites Win.

JPLangley 2

09-29-2014

Just for everyone to know, it's in your best interests to vote for champion holders whom deal with the New Shurima Lore.

CALEB THEBADDEST

09-29-2014

Good Luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor but moreso in mine love you all xoxo lets do this .

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-29-2014

Quote:
JPLangley 2:
Just for everyone to know, it's in your best interests to vote for champion holders whom deal with the New Shurima Lore.

Uh, no. This is why people tend not to vote for you. Yes, if a judge tied to Shurima was chosen, then that would be beneficial, but voting for someone ONLY because they play a Shuriman champion goes against the fundamental principles of the process. These people are being chosen to reflect community opinion on which portrayals are the best suited for the champion. Simply being someone tied to that champion doesn't give you some kind of free pass to say which is best. It requires an ability to read between the lines, and to consider each aspect of their portrayal and character and how closely it matches the community's ideals of that champion's personality.

That is why Cass is most often chosen, because Cass has shown a great deal of ability to grasp the nature of several champions and weigh in on it. That's part of the reason I'm chosen, because people know I analyze everything. Affiliation, ultimately, means nothing. It is ability that should determine who is chosen by the community.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-29-2014

And because JP can't read, and voted 3 times, their votes will have to be removed come the time to total.

JPLangley 2

09-29-2014

Quote:
Ryugi Kazamaru:
And because JP can't read, and voted 3 times, their votes will have to be removed come the time to total.

I SWER IT WUS ROOKY MISTAYK
I don't mind though, but Kuronan was my third choice if you only want to subtract uno.

Kuronan

09-30-2014

Quote:
JPLangley 2:

I should probably point out, despite Kaz already addressing this and explaining why this viewpoint is wrong, but also that it is flawed in another aspect:

Jarvan IV, Jericho Swain, Ashe, Sejuani and Lissandra, are all considered leaders of their respective factions/nations that we can roleplay and would be involved in the process because they are all involved in Foreign Policy which directly deals with the New Shuriman Lore. EDIT: This could be extended to add Irelia, Karma, Caitlyn, Gangplank, and Miss Fortune. Yea, see where that's going?

Azir is building an EMPIRE, which directly conflicts with the current Balance of Power in Runeterran Politics. You can bet your sorry butt that means Swain or Jarvan will want him on Their side during the current Cold War period they are likely going through. Also this?
Quote:
JPLangley 2:
I SWER IT WUS ROOKY MISTAYK
I don't mind though, but Kuronan was my third choice if you only want to subtract uno.

This was a really d*ckish statement in the regard you want to change your vote specifically to hurt one person, regardless of whether or not your vote would actually be counted. If it would count, it's offensive in the regard I just lost a vote and yet Sivir and Cassiopeia get theirs (as much as they do deserve their votes) and even if the vote does not count this hurts in the regard you would toss aside your vote for me rather than accept that your vote would get cancelled out anyway.

Orangufang

09-30-2014

Quote:
Kuronan:

This was a really d*ckish statement in the regard you want to change your vote specifically to hurt one person, regardless of whether or not your vote would actually be counted. If it would count, it's offensive in the regard I just lost a vote and yet Sivir and Cassiopeia get theirs (as much as they do deserve their votes) and even if the vote does not count this hurts in the regard you would toss aside your vote for me rather than accept that your vote would get cancelled out anyway.

It's not really a dickish statement as it's standard procedure here to ask for a vote modification if you messed up your initial vote. Accidents happen, though the request might not be granted.