Runes for Malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jurrjens

01-19-2010

Hi yall,

I recently started playing Malphite,love the big guy, and i'd like to get some ideas from more experienced players and those who have an insight it the game's mechanics concerning quintessences. I've used flat health and movement speed (tier 3) qe runes, but now i am in a need of a 3rd rune and really can't decide what's more adequate, should i get more flat health, or armor instead, or maybe even another movement speed rune? I've tried to figure out the exact mechs concerning armor but math has never been my strong side. I tank and stack armor heavily with my items, my build mostly looks like this

Ninja Tabi
Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil
Guardian Angel
Thornmail/
Atma's Impaler/Warmog's/etc depending on the game

All suggestions are welcome
Thank you

Lemons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2010

Red: Flat mana regen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Mana regen per lvl/18
Quints: Flat HP

Replace Ninja Tabi with Merc Treads.

Sorano

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Replace Ninja Tabi with Merc Treads.
For tank choices, boots are always going to be dependant on the opposition.

- Ninja Tabi Boots against Melee/Physical damage champions.
- Merc Threads against CC/Magic damage champions.

ImmaRobotLOL

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorano View Post
For tank choices, boots are always going to be dependant on the opposition.

- Ninja Tabi Boots against Melee/Physical damage champions.
- Merc Threads against CC/Magic damage champions.
Yeah but just go ahead and get merc treads ;-)

Jedo

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Red: Flat mana regen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Mana regen per lvl/18
Quints: Flat HP
Definitely agree with the mana regen runes. I once had a malphite solo mid against my ashe and I was harassed with his Q skill like crazy. :[

meorah

01-20-2010

I use my caster page to help Q and R skills since I typically stack armor items for E and go W last with maybe a last whisper to romp turrets during a final push.

red: magic pen
yellow: flat HP
blue: magic pen
quints: flat HP

meki pendant +2 hp pots into philosopher stone before boots.

item build from there.

jurrjens

01-20-2010

well i do switch to merc threads if the other team has a lot of disablers, i always get items according to the opposition.

Are the red magic penetration runes primary or secondary?
I've always seen runes as important only for the strong early game, this is why i got flat health for yellow, flat mana for blue and crit for red,it worked well with both taric and rammus.However with Malphite i feel like magic penetration would make sense to put even more hurt with Q early game,but i never place more than 1 lvl on it,its great until lvl 4-5,after that i just use it as a slow and max E and W.
As far as mana regen,well i've never had any real problems with it,pots usually take care of that. With Banshee and Frozen Heart mana is never in short supply.
Thank you for the insight, its much appreciated...

meorah

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrjens View Post
well i do switch to merc threads if the other team has a lot of disablers, i always get items according to the opposition.

Are the red magic penetration runes primary or secondary?
I've always seen runes as important only for the strong early game, this is why i got flat health for yellow, flat mana for blue and crit for red,it worked well with both taric and rammus.However with Malphite i feel like magic penetration would make sense to put even more hurt with Q early game,but i never place more than 1 lvl on it,its great until lvl 4-5,after that i just use it as a slow and max E and W.
As far as mana regen,well i've never had any real problems with it,pots usually take care of that. With Banshee and Frozen Heart mana is never in short supply.
Thank you for the insight, its much appreciated...
red magic pen are primary.

Voidgolem

01-20-2010

Huh, would've assumed cooldown for blue >.>