Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Amumu, The Sad Mummy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plagued Amumu

09-29-2014

The sun beat down on the caravan as it traveled, the intense heat making it hard to breathe as they struggled to travel beneath the sun. The sun seemed to never want to go away and had been unbearable, but now that they had gotten closer to Piltover the mood has lightened. They made their way inside of the city as onlookers immediately began to spread rumors of Ezreal and the Shurima desert.

The treasures were quickly brought up the stairs of the museum and sealed into a backroom. A young woman began cataloging the finds and marking them in a notebook, a look of discovery and interest on her face. She began to set everything off to the side on a table, filling it with golden statues and cups, before coming to what look like ancient gilded toys. She eyed them with a look of amazement and wonder, just where had they come from? What purpose did they serve? She picked up what looked a small golden key among the toys and studied it with interest. She pulled the sheet back from the largest item to reveal a large sarcophagus adorned completely in gold, the beauty and craftsmanship took her breath away. She examined every inch of the sarcophagus with amazement for hours, running her fingers across it’s surface until she spotted a small opening. She used a light to check the opening, and was intrigued to find a small place for a key to fit. She smiled, happily going to the table and grabbing the key from earlier and sliding it into the lock, a tingle of excitement on her face as she turned the key and heard a large tumbler react.

She bent down to examine the sarcophagus again when a large bang came on the window to her office, one of the security guards smiling and pointing to the clock behind him to signal that the workday had come to a close. The young lady touched the surface of the sarcophagus one last time, silently promising it that she would return to discover it’s secrets. Little did she know that the secrets held inside had already awakened, and they were not happy.

The lid slid open, millennia of dust and grime filling the air as a cough sounded from inside of the ancient gilded resting place, two unnatural orbs opened and peered over the edge of the sarcophagus. The eyes were wide and tears filled them as a figure stood up in the sarcophagus, looking around the room with a look of suspicion before dropping to the floor. The mummy sniffled as it touched the door, trying to push it open before banging on it with bandaged hands. Little did the creature know, security was alerted to the noise and a large guard came up the hallway. He unlocked the door, pushing it open and staring around at the room before noticing something on the ground, footprints made of dust.

The guard looks suspiciously at the footprints, bending down to his hands and knees to touch them when he realized he was not alone. Bandages tore across the room from the sarcophagus, and the guard instantly feared he would dragged into darkness, but the truth was much more terrifying. A projectile tore across the room, a wail of despair it’s battle cry as it flung itself at the security guard head butting him and knocking him to the floor. The noise alerted the other guards who rushed to help after sounding the alarm.

They were horrified to find the security guard wrapped in bandages, crying out in misery on the floor as a yordle stood near him begging him to quit screaming. The guards drew their weapons, and the mummy began to cry loudly, runes spreading across the floor as bandages wrapped around them, entangling them and forcing them off their feet as magical tears fell to the floor as the mummy sat down in agony, crying in despair as the aura around him drove the four security guards to cry with him.

All seemed lost. Hope drained from the four men as they stared at what they unleashed. The hope was not replaced by something as simple as fear, or horror, but by an inexplicable despair that started to gnaw at their heart. The mummy rose to his feet and sprinted for the door before running into the hallway to find that help had arrived. A young man stood at the forefront of the defenders, and the powered gauntlet on his hand made the mummy back away as he held up his bandaged hands and studied the others, a woman in a large hat holding a rifle flanked the young man, along with another woman with gigantic gauntlets and a cocky grin. The mummy began to back away before turning to sprint down the hallway, falling over on his back to see his path blocked by a handsome man carrying a large hammer. This man was flanked by two yordles, one of them juggling lit bombs with a look of wicked excitement and other standing with his arms crossed, a look of deep study on his face as he leaned against the turret in front of him.

The yordle had an interested look on his face, stepping forward to study the mummy, asking him his name and origin as he prodded him with a device, curiosity evident on his face as he studied his ancient brethren. He introduced himself as Heimerdinger, going around the hallway to introduce the others to the mummy, who offered his own name as Amumu. Heimerdinger made an offer, a place to stay while he tried to find out the origin of Amumu’s resurrection. Amumu smiled sadly, happy to have the opportunity and quickly accepted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yordle Academy of Science & Progress

A never-ending sniffling sound came from the room at the end of the hall. The hallway itself was always deserted, people avoiding it like there was some form of plague present in the hallway. One of the few caretakers that would even dare to try to help shuffled his way down the last door, pushing it open and staring at it’s resident with wide eyes. “Amumu, are you okay?” Came the nervous voice, to which the small yordle popped his head out of a simple pile of blankets on the bed, his breathing rapid as tears flowed down his face. His hands spasmed, trying to grasp at the air, his eyes jerking around the room.

“You said Heimerdinger wanted to visit me, but he didn’t come…” Amumu said with a heavy sigh, tears poured from his eyes and disappeared before hitting the sheets beneath him, only to be replaced by more instantly. “Nobody ever visits me, people don’t care…why? What did I do wrong? Why do they hate me?” Amumu asked in misery, reaching up to cradle his bandaged head in his hands as he rocked back and forth on the bed.

“Amumu…” Began the old man, looking down at the depressed youth with a look of deep pity. “…It is not that they hate you, they just cannot understand you. The curse placed on you makes everyone around you feel terrible, and some cannot handle such feelings. You nee-”

“How do you think it makes me feel? I feel like this every second of the day…” Amumu wailed, ripping at the bandages on his head only for them to magically repair themselves. “I never asked for this, I don’t even know why I am here.” cried Amumu heavily, tears intensifying as he crawled out of the blankets and hopped down from the bed to the floor. The effects of his curse was beginning to take it’s toll on his caretaker, and he took a few steps back from Amumu, wiping his eyes and staring down at Amumu. He was overcome with pity, and reached into the pocket of his robes to produce a simple letter, holding it out for Amumu to examine.

“This came from Heimerdinger that wanted to visit you. He had a previous engagement, and could not attend the meeting with you. He wants you to answer questions from people.”

“Answer questions? How will that help me?” Amumu whined, looking up at the caretaker in despair, his hands reaching for him desperately. The caretaker’s face developed a pained look, if only for a second and he picked Amumu up and gave him a hug.

“It might give you the opportunity to meet friends. You are very special Amumu, and plenty of people will want to be your friend if they can learn more about you.” Said the caretaker sadly, before the effects of the curse overcame him and he sat Amumu back down on the floor, wiping more tears from his eyes as visions of everything he had ever lost swam in front of his eyes. Amumu however, had the opposite emotion, his face tore into a sad grin, and he instantly began to clean his room, straightening and moving things back and forth. He picked up a pack of paper, setting it on a simple wooden desk before beginning to sharpen pencils in preparation for the coming letters. He looked at his caretaker after a few minutes, tears welling up in his eyes.

“Where are the letters?” He asked quietly, fearing that people had already forgotten about him and he began to breathe heavily, an upset look on his face.

“They will be here soon, and possibly visitors. Be patient.” Said the caretaker quietly, patting Amumu on his bandaged head before leaving and walking quickly down the hall, needed to be away from his ancient charge for a while. Amumu nodded quietly, repeating the final words of his caretaker over and over as he sat in his room, a look of frustration creeping across his face as he began to feel the seeds of doubt beginning to bloom. “They aren’t coming, nobody is ever coming. I am going to have to be alone forever.” Amumu thought in despair to himself, beginning to cry again as tears poured down his face, wishing he could understand why he felt the way he did, or why people shunned him for it.

((OOC stuff. Amumu is staying at the Academy for the moment, he can take visitors here or letters. He isn't the happiest guy ever, and if you visit him chances are his curse will make it so that you are not very happy either, but he just needs a friend. If you have anything you need to know, feel free to ask me here. I am around most times, and can be found in the OOC Chat on Skype as well. Have a nice day! ))

BloatedBile

09-29-2014

dear amumu,

how does ur curse work? if i touch a ball that you just touched, will i get hurt?

-bb

Plagued Amumu

09-29-2014

Quote:
BloatedBile:
dear amumu,

how does ur curse work? if i touch a ball that you just touched, will i get hurt?

-bb

Amumu looked at the letter for a second and shook his head. He called for the caretaker, and quickly went to his desk to retrieve a large ball he had made out of rubber bands to pass the time. When the caretaker entered the room Amumu tossed the ball to him. "Are you sad now?" Amumu asked quietly. The caretaker walked to him and pulled the letter from his hand.

"It does not work like that." He told Amumu, turning around and walking back out of the room to leave Amumu alone in his room. He quickly began to write a letter.

Dear BB,

They tell me that it is something that I cannot help, and that it is not really contagious, it just happens in an area around me. If I could change it, I would. Thank you for writing to me.

-Amumu

BloatedBile

09-29-2014

dear amumu,

can you taste stuff in ur current state? i would send a cupcake but i dont know if you can enjoy it.

-bb

miguelcleary

09-29-2014

Dear Amumu,
You have way too much time on your hands that it is sad.
Love,
Me

Plagued Amumu

09-29-2014

Quote:
BloatedBile:
dear amumu,

can you taste stuff in ur current state? i would send a cupcake but i dont know if you can enjoy it.

-bb

Amumu looked at the plate of uneaten food he had been brought sitting on the desk in corner, and looked sadly at it for a moment before answering the letter.

Dear BB,

I don't taste anything anymore really, there are some good things like apples, but I don't really taste them. I eat because it makes me feel normal, and I don't want to be different but it doesn't do anything for me anymore.

-Amumu
Quote:
miguelcleary:
Dear Amumu,
You have way too much time on your hands that it is sad.
Love,
Me

Amumu studied the letter for a little bit, and shuffled his feet as he thought about all the things he had to do. Many puzzles had been finished and glued together, and he had hung them on the walls in his lonely room. The rubber band ball he had been working on had gotten almost as big as his head, and he bounced it beside him on the floor, pulling it back to him with his bandages as it took an awkward bounce.

Dear Me,

I try to do a lot of different things, but I don't really enjoy them. I guess I have a lot of time on my hands now, since they tell me that I will probably live forever. I hope that it means I won't be sad forever... thank you for the letter.

-Amumu

PSYCOsanches589

09-29-2014

((Here's another fun idea, miguel. Go work on your insults in soloq where you belong and leave us to our own devices, ok?))

PSYCOsanches589

09-29-2014

((I know, this guys is obviously here to just cause trouble and be insulting.))

Plagued Amumu

09-29-2014

Quote:
PSYCOsanches589:
((Here's another fun idea, miguel. Go work on your insults in soloq where you belong and leave us to our own devices, ok?))

Quote:
JPLangley 2:
((What? That ain't cool bro, people come if they want to come. Plus, SoloQ is the League version of Hell.))

Quote:
PSYCOsanches589:
((I know, this guys is obviously here to just cause trouble and be insulting.))

You two want to argue and act like children, take it out of my thread. Delete this junk and go to OOC and do it all you want, I just got started and I don't want it swamped with nonsense.

Fae Lulu

09-29-2014

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.
1.) Use the Forum Enhancer Kit (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4704238) to help improve your forum experience by offering avatars, multi-quotes, picture and video embedding, and most importantly let you search through all your posts and threads to help you keep up to date on replies..
2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player), Kameil (onedudething), or any of the other 35+ people to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Completely optional though.
3.) Don't forget to explore around the RP Forums. Branch out and say hi to your fellow champions, and get them interested to want to RP with you more.
4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

Suddenly, and seemingly out of the randomness of fae magic, Lulu appears from thin air on Amumu's head in a flash of purple smoke. She is happily licking what appears to be a rainbow colored Popsicle quite loudly.

"Mmm....oh dangit!" Lulu exclaimed after realizing she was teleported again, "It happened again!"