Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Scaling Surrender Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shabertan

09-29-2014

This was the best board I could think to put this in, so apologies that it's not directly HUD related. I think that implementing a scaling timer for surrendering based upon kill distribution would be a great idea. Obviously there should still be a lower limit somewhere, but if you're very far behind in kills, then the surrender timer goes down from 20:00 to maybe a theoretical bottom of 16:00. Some games seem to be decided pretty early on with a strong early lead, and giving some extra leeway can help players not feel as frustrated with their situation.

Clearly some of the variables for this system would need some tweaking, but I think the core idea is sound.

Eggtart Prince85

09-29-2014

Remove the surrender option for normal blind pick.

This is where people practice, whether level 30 or sub 30, they are there to practice and/or have fun. 4/5 games I play in normal blind pick, ends up surrendering.

You're right, surrender should have a scale or ratio. When your turret count is 11:2, you have the right to vote for surrender. When team KD ratio is 50:1, you have the right to vote for surrender.

I've played games in gold where we won 4v5. I've played games in gold where we had 1 inhib and still came back. I've played games in gold where KD ratio was drastically in favor for the opponent's team, and still came back.

Surrender shouldn't be an option, until the losing team is pushed to almost the end, and there really is no coming back. Countless times, there is always one or two players that concludes the game, with turrets still intact and KD ratio is not very far apart.

hylandchief

09-30-2014

Quote:
Eggtart Prince85:

Agreed they should change it,I hate practicing matches with new champs and people either ff on my team or the opposite does.Almost like being a poor sport in a way,Don't let the opposite team succeed in getting nexus or anything,Taking away from there IP and XP.

WormsWoods

10-01-2014

I agree the enemy team going up well over 10 kills in the first 15 should allow you to surrender earlier.