Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Face of the Mountain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oleandervine

09-29-2014

Riot, I think the Face of the Mountain line needs a bit more help in the income department to be truly qualified as a gold item; Requiring charges to pop off the income effect makes gaining gold sluggish at best as you have to wait so long for the effect to come up again. Unlike the Coin line or the Spellthief line, there's no consistent way to get gold if you need to be out of combat, or if your ADC is doing a better job at killing the minions. I would say to change the frequency at which the charges accrue, increase the amount that can be held, or have the effect be like the Spellthief line in that there are no charges and simply restrict how many times it can trigger in a given time frame. That, and give it some gold per second at the higher levels, similar to how the Talisman was buffed to give it a little more income consistency.

KMannnnn1

09-29-2014

It still amazes me how many people come here with posts addressed at Riot.

But to your point, the only real upgrade the line needs is a bit of GP10, just to have that gold income even when out of charges. Targon's and FotM gain charges a lot faster than relic shield, so if your team is letting you use them, you'll have pretty consistent gold gain.

Also, charges are really just a fancy way of saying "you can only use this X times within Y time frame," so in that sense, they're more or less functionally identical to the spellthief line.

FantasySniper

09-29-2014

It just need some minimal Gp10 and a another scaler to the execute other than AD, like Health or level, since it seriously falls off in that regard.

Quote:
KMannnnn1:
It still amazes me how many people come here with posts addressed at Riot.

T^T