Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Acknowledges 4.17 Crashing Bug Splats Check Here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

09-29-2014

I've found the thread where Riot employees are discussing the Mac Client crashing problems on this patch:
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/cpeMzjhN-help-riot-troubleshoot-the-mac-bug

You guys should go over there and give them your info I guess. Of course, they didn't think to speak to us here, what else is new.

Also I find it extremely frustrating that despite me specifically telling Riot Triggs here (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49566045#49566045)that its 'Mac' and not 'MAC', the client is currently displaying a message demonstrating their continued ignorance, "We are seeing problems with game crashes on MAC clients and are working to correct this". This is yet another example that communication by employees to one another about the Mac Client is low. (EDIT: I am not really frustrated by the actual grammatical error but mostly that fact that even after being informed otherwise, the developers of this game do not communicate or educate their fellow employees about this platform that they advertise as being supported.)

I hate their lack of professionalism when dealing with us. Also, I'm gonna bet right now that they will not hotfix this issue, and we will have to wait until 4.18 or longer to be done with it. I hope for our sake that they prove me wrong.

EDIT: I'm eating my words. Not only did they fix the message, they are also pushing out a hotfix that will at least contain better logging for the issue tonight! Thank you Riot, I was wrong! They are now handling this well.

liu000999abc

09-29-2014

LOL I WANT TO RANK SO BAD BUT IM SO AFRAID OF DCING T_T
RITO I BELIEVE!!!!!!! PROVE THAT YOU CARE FOR Mac USERS!!!!!!!!

Mike4Real

09-30-2014

Eating some of my words now, they have fixed the grammatical error. Riot3ous was very polite and swift to act.

However, tt remains to be seen if they think we deserve a hotfix or not for the bugsplatting when a fix is found.
EDIT: We got a hotfix to the bugsplat reporter. Riot is communicating well this time and working on fixing it.

Fabs

10-01-2014

Quote:
liu000999abc:
LOL I WANT TO RANK SO BAD BUT IM SO AFRAID OF DCING T_T
RITO I BELIEVE!!!!!!! PROVE THAT YOU CARE FOR Mac USERS!!!!!!!!

The proof they care for mac users is that they support the client. Use this time to practice your skills in normals or custom 1v1s. Im about to elo decay out of plat because I dont wanna ruin ranked games, but I understand these things happen - Just use this time to increase your skills and when the client is fixed, ranking up should be easier.

turbanator8

10-04-2014

Question: can we still spectate ranked games?

light aqua

10-05-2014

How come I can't patch it?