Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poppy rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoffeePower

09-29-2014

Out of all the mystery skins in the universe, I ended up getting a Poppy skin (Happy Birthday to me). Tried playing her, failed miserably, read up on her, and supposedly Morello once hinted at a rework of her.

Have there been any more hints of Poppy getting a rework? o.o

Kuroi86

09-29-2014

She's definitely getting one, but there are a lot of champs higher on that list.

Mohrb

10-04-2014

she's been getting pushed back for something like 2 years. It goes from "she will never see a buff ever" to "yes, she may get one some day"... I've never seen any specific things they're considering to make her playable.

Robot Beat Rally

10-06-2014

Not that you asked for advice, but Poppy can very much be an assured win if you get into the poppy groove.
It's hard to learn to not die / farm with her (it definitely takes a little practice especially when you get vs a ryze or something like that) but that's really all you need to learn how to do with her.
If you make it long enough to get a triforce and another item or two, she is easily capable of repeated pentas.
The question you have to ask yourself is, are you prepared to bet that your team wont throw before that point, and that you are willing to be mega bored while you afk farm for half an hour? ...and... can you keep your calm if you boringly farm for 25 minutes and your team throws right as you get your triforce? Kind of like playing nasus imo.
If anything, I would like to trade a buff to her early game for a nerf to her late game... just so she can be fun for any length game. I like her kit and playstyle.

Gingivits

10-06-2014

Quote:
Robot Beat Rally:
Not that you asked for advice, but Poppy can very much be an assured win if you get into the poppy groove.
It's hard to learn to not die / farm with her (it definitely takes a little practice especially when you get vs a ryze or something like that) but that's really all you need to learn how to do with her.
If you make it long enough to get a triforce and another item or two, she is easily capable of repeated pentas.
The question you have to ask yourself is, are you prepared to bet that your team wont throw before that point, and that you are willing to be mega bored while you afk farm for half an hour? ...and... can you keep your calm if you boringly farm for 25 minutes and your team throws right as you get your triforce? Kind of like playing nasus imo.
If anything, I would like to trade a buff to her early game for a nerf to her late game... just so she can be fun for any length game. I like her kit and playstyle.

I've played her in the jungle a few times and that alleviated some of that early game but you didn't get a lot of farm unless you knew how to gank well. madstone works really well on her and some of her ganks can be scary when she has her ult up. I wouldn't mind a rework though because she has one of the most toxic kits in the game.