Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about Sona...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyrosTheMystic

09-28-2014

So the lore is getting a massive overhaul. Summoners are no longer a thing, neither is the League. So a big concern of mine, as someone who loves Sona as a character, is her voice lines. She speaks to me, her 'Summoner', and through our connection she can speak when she normally can't (being a mute). I genuinely don't want that connection to be changed, if possible. It's a small part of her overall character and the experience of playing her that I love. I know it's not the largest of lore concerns among the community at the moment, but I felt I'd voice mine. That connection is special, even if no longer based in new canon...

SchaakaKon

09-29-2014

I personally didnt care for Sona's voice as it sounds like all the other female support voices but I do enjoy the mute part of her character.

Also That is interesting, if summoners do not exist anymore, they'd had to retcon her muteness. Otherwise, who would she be talking to within her mind? Cause 'we' the players do not exist as an external source controlling her. If they retcon her muteness that would be a great loss to her character buuut as I predict what will happen, they will just cut the 'summoner' part of her VO and clap their hands "Mission Accomplished!" which obviously no one would be happy with.

Angeluslight

09-29-2014

Sona, being one of my favorite champions, is one character I've developed in a non-cannon expansion of LoL's plots in my head. It's the same story that inspired my idea I'm trying to get Riot to notice; an idea to keep the Institute and Summoners while majorly expanding the plots built around it.

Believe me, there are a lot more ideas than just the one I posted in it. So if I may post this link here, I'd like to ask you to take a look: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4897044

SecretLore

09-29-2014

We only hear the thoughts of the champions we play,even if we aren't summoners anymore,that won't change.

Thats the reason why no one hears all those quotes,except for jokes,taunts,laughs and certain dances.

Angeluslight

09-29-2014

I think their point was that it is Sona's only way of verbally communicating with anyone. That is, aside from Ahri's acute hearing. It's Sona's unique trait of being mute that will be blighted by the removal of Summoners in canon lore.

The same would go with all quotes from all champions directly addressing Summoners. It's just not quite the same anymore without the canon existence of the Institute and Summoners of which the game was founded on.

Chromatic Eagle

09-29-2014

It'd just be her thinking to herself if they had to change it.