Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Even though I lost in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zajef77

10-05-2014

I'm probably in the same situation as you (im still in bronze xD) but there is ONE thing i learned about league, that when i was too lazy to do it i lost my games, and won 80% of the games i actually did it. Only one word : wards. Wards are everything. League is a question of vision. If you dont have vision, even if youre ahead of 20k gold, you can throw the game. Easily. So if you have 1900 gold and want to go back and buy a BF sword, you do it, but instead of buying a longsword to give you a LITTLE bit extra damage, buy a pink and 2 normal wards. If you don't know where to place them, ask your team. It is almost impossible that nobody knows where you need vision on the map in your team. When you learn to place your wards well and to actually buy wards (which, as i said, im too lazy to do and thats why im still in bronze xD), youre gonna climb REALLY easily

Heru

10-05-2014

Like the guy above said, buy wards.
But I feel like getting a good duo partner is a must to advance. I'm still in bronze and every time I play I find it amazing how people play like they have never seen a professional match. Never buy wards, wanders through an unwarded enemy jungle, goes all in a 1v3 fight, etc.

People tend to say you can always carry your team if you're actually better than the rank you're in, but sometimes you just need someone else to lower the odds of finding players that dont understand the basics of the game.

Here's a pic of my last ranked match with 3 teammates feeding extremely hard. And no, you cannot tell them what they're doing wrong as they seem to take it personal and tell you to "focus on your own lane, or build"

Screenshot_3jpeg.jpg

Zajef77

10-06-2014

I also have one thing to add. Don't duo unless you have a great synergy with your duo partner. If you duo, this means you are the only duo of your team. If you soloQ, you have a duo with you. Just keep that in mind while chosing your duo partner