Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Even though I lost in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banryuu

09-28-2014

I am happy I carried, if I carry a bit harder and get my team to come together, I think I can start climbing up faster

but to the point, I need to grow enough and become strong enough to be able to carry harder. I know the general tips, and most likely the majority of more advanced tips. I watch a lot of higher levels matches, but i think the area I lack most is playing hyper carry roles and being able to make calls that take towers and such. The other deal is getting my team to commit on good calls, and stopping them from committing on bad ones.... but I don't think anyone can do that lol. Let me know if you have some refined insights as to game flow mechanics, I'm all ears!

TL;DR Trying to take the next step up in my gameplay, but I have no idea where to start

Lethadind

09-28-2014

Funny you should post this. Check out the collaborative guide I just posted. Everything League of Legends (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4904792) to get your brain working. Feel free to add to it, I want to get as much of the community involved as possible.

It's literally located right below your own thread atm, lol.

Banryuu

09-28-2014

I shall read intently! and still willing to hear more from anyone else too

Banryuu

09-30-2014

Bump, still looking for specific insight. Stories, creeds, anything considered possibly a rule of thumb to people personally when it comes to higher level play.

Example : When I am ahead, my team isn't focused on objectives or teamwork... I choose to purchase wards and split push til I see enemies are missing. Then I go .... etc etc. I'm trying to get more of an understanding of the train of thought, flow of battle that influences choices or something of that nature.

Saehwo

10-01-2014

Don't let one loss get into your head
Take objectives as soon as you can. Pushed? Get inhib and destroy nexus turrets if you can. Not pushed? Take Baron.
Know when to engage and to disengage
Group up unless their initiator is someone who has AoE CC like Amumu or Braum
DO NOT get picked off. I lost games because of this but I won four versus fives because of this. It's the classic divide and conquer.
As support stay with your ADC
As tank stay in front
As a carry AP or AD stay at the back, and free hit
Split push if you can, typically done with Yi, Nasus, or someone who can destroy towers quickly
Focus the carries, NEVER focus tanks unless he's the last man standing. They will take ages to kill
If you're behind defend turrets; if you're ahead, force a team fight
As a rule of thumb, the one initiating the tea fight has the advantage. There are exceptions to this, of course
Play ranked when you're comfortable, as in don't play ranked when you're mad, frustrated, disappointed, or desperate for a win
If you have zero LP, wait 24 hours before playing a ranked game. This reduces your chances of being demoted.
Read Sun Tzu's "Art of War." There are tactics here that are effective in League.
On the note above, when you can initiate, do it when they lease expect it so they have less time to react. As Thresh, I just learned to Flash engage and get a kill or even five for one a team fight.

iluvalar

10-01-2014

My advice of the day:

Play a 1v3 against bot. Play in the jungle until one of your turret fall, you can then do whatever is required to win that game. This have several advantages. You learn to jungle. Even with a bad champion for that. You learn to prioritize objectives correctly and understand how to cover to soak experience.

Learn how to freeze a lane. Also why and when to do it.

And to finish something personal to my own experience these days : Pay attention to your support and his gp10 item. Everytime I freeze a lane and an idiot Yi come around break my freeze and leave me behind with still 3 stack or relic shield, not only I lose 100 gold and 300 HP, but my heart break. After that you still expect me to buy wards for you and sacrifice my own HP to heal you again ?

Banryuu

10-01-2014

Thanks for dropping some info in here, its appreciated

RoG Cerberus

10-01-2014

I feel the same way.. like i understand exactly what high level players do...
I even make really good strategies for ranked teams..
But stuck in gold 5 because I can't carry even after winning lane :L

Banryuu

10-01-2014

At least you are in gold 5 lol

i dont rage, generally win lane unless i fight a plat player (believe it or not), push for objectives, help my team, contest dragon, build somewhat efficiently when i can, etc etc.

i AM climbing though, getting like 30-32 LP a win, but when i lose a game when i am carrying its really frustrating to not know what i did wrong. The best I can come up with is not joining my team when someone gets caught out so I dont die as the most fed person, but at the same time just leaving people to die leaves us short for team fights.

I cant tell my team what to do, or how to play, or what to build, etc etc but I need them to work with me... so at that point I felt like the problem was that I am too reliant on my team mates, and that I need to be able to carry games completely on my own. I might have to start playing champs like akali, zed, fizz but that really isnt my play style. I truly love champs like Thresh, orianna, anivia that can make amazing team plays

sorry for the rant lol

Banryuu

10-05-2014

One final bump