Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

lux support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jiujitsuPhD

09-28-2014

I dont really play support, its my last choice but I know I need to be able to play it. I own a bunch of support champs but never play them (thresh, blitz, sona, leona, morgana, and lux). Now I play morgana a lot in normals and really like her mid and support. I was thinking that lux support would be perfect for me since its a very similar play style and kit. Plus I can play her mid as well. Now morgana is always my first choice when i have mid or support but her ban rate is pretty high so I am learning new players.

So is lux a viable support?

Lyle Rachir

10-02-2014

very much so, im surpised this went under the radar so much.

lux has a stronger root. an amazing and imo best shield in game. an ult on a ridiculously low timer. and a reveal ability. with a slow. add in a couple of well placed auto attacks and yu can solo the enemy team bot lane. if your good enough

texter

10-02-2014

As a jungle ( master yi mostly) I wreck lux support bottom lanes quite easily.. I feel that Lux doesn't offer enough utility, escape, and will just feed

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

if your playing yi and the lux support isnt able to stop you then there is a problem there. she has a hard cc. which your ult does nothing against. he root should easily stop you. now if shes not paying attention or doing what shes supposed to be doing as a support. (warding map awareness) then you shuold be able to wreck anyone

A BlTCH SLAP

10-03-2014

Quote:
Lyle Rachir:
if your playing yi and the lux support isnt able to stop you then there is a problem there. she has a hard cc. which your ult does nothing against. he root should easily stop you. now if shes not paying attention or doing what shes supposed to be doing as a support. (warding map awareness) then you shuold be able to wreck anyone

Not quite. Miss your bind and you get wrecked. Morg can still shield from CC and AOE slow-->snare with ult.

Lux just has Q which has a LONG cooldown. E does nothing vs Yi and Q can be dodged with Alpha Strike. Id much rather have a real support than someone who can miss a single key Q to screw over the bot lane

Lux support is ok for some poke and bind but not the greatest if she has to pickup support items without scaling for AP. She's even fallen off in mid bc of the high cooldowns on her combo and needs AP with weak base damage on spells. Late game as support becomes even more useless with her full combo not even doing much damage to anyone if she doesnt get ultra fed.

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

unless your talking about morg ult as the additional cc. then they are evenly matched in hard cc. not to mention that the q range is long enough that yi's alpha strike wont activate before it can hit him. this is again a matter of the support paying attention to map though. one of the reasons yi works in the jungle so well is because a lot of players dont pay attention to map as they should. yi brings no cc to the table just damage. (which he can do well i am not saying against yi in the slightest) merely stating that if he is seen coming in. all he can do is push the opponents back. and any jungler can do that just by making an appearance in lane.

FantasySniper

10-03-2014

She can work as well as Xerath, Brand, and Vel'Koz support. Interpret this info as you wish.

Mast3rShake

10-03-2014

I would say that if you like morgana you might like Zyra support. Zyra is far more viable than Lux is. I, like you, wanted to use Lux as a support, but it just never seemed to work.

Lyle Rachir

10-03-2014

in the end op it depends on your play style. me? i love using any thing i can get support and try it out all the time. i never have a problem with her as a support knowing i can shield reveal bushes root, OMG DA DAMAGE. and ult the day away. but i also like to build her for more ap then the usual support and let her r delete some fools

F33dMeKills

10-04-2014

The problem with playing Lux at Level 1 is her Health. It's like at +400 HP which can be easily 100% to 0% at level 2 against supports like Leona or Nami.