Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

October MCCC- Memories Reborn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RamsaySnow

09-28-2014

Guys lets not trash it too hard. This could have just been a first draft because he was afraid someone else would try to host first. Give him a chance to reply/improve it.

Moby the White

09-28-2014

Guys as kamiroo stated this is my rough draft. Secondly this isn't too early, because I will need to work on this up until Wednesday whch btw is only a few days away. Btw Wednesday is October. I'm not early, I understand how to host MCCC's as I've done so before, expect me to release the good stuff closer to WEDNESDAY.

Thanks, Moby

Moby the White

09-28-2014

Also everything is subject to change over the next few days. I made this at 2 am just so I could be prepared. I have 3 days, just have faith.

Kamiroo Wolf

09-28-2014

Quote:
Moby the White:
Also everything is subject to change over the next few days. I made this at 2 am just so I could be prepared. I have 3 days, just have faith.

Will do.

Moby the White

09-28-2014

I have some really nice ideas that I don't want revealed yet, ergo the main theme Lore Challenge will not make sense until I do.

ElementLlama

Recruiter

09-28-2014

Moby, I am available for stuff like judging and just throwing out ideas, is there a possibility that I could judge? Or at least help people with lore before they have more experienced judges go over that aspect?

I would like to be a part of this but I would rather not compete myself per-say...

Whatever! Would it be okay for me to make a mini-list that can be used as inspiration for memory mechanics?

Moby the White

09-28-2014

Quote:
ElementLlama:
Moby, I am available for stuff like judging and just throwing out ideas, is there a possibility that I could judge? Or at least help people with lore before they have more experienced judges go over that aspect?

I would like to be a part of this but I would rather not compete myself per-say...

Whatever! Would it be okay for me to make a mini-list that can be used as inspiration for memory mechanics?

Yes you can help judge. Was going to ask you actually.

ElementLlama

Recruiter

09-28-2014

Quote:
Moby the White:
Yes you can help judge. Was going to ask you actually.

LOL!!!

Awesome, when is judging exactly, since I have a full university course load to plan around?

and, would it be allowable for me to give some general ideas for memory mechanics?

Moby the White

09-28-2014

yes its is allowable
and judging begins the last week

ElementLlama

Recruiter

09-29-2014

Memory Mechanics clarification/inspiration.

With a little talk with Moby I have come to understand what "Memory Mechanics" can be seen as from a coding perspective. As I know that not everyone codes or understands coding I will elaborate:

Quote:
The Memory Mechanic works like a value being stored, for a given duration. Having something stack and fade away can be considered a Memory Mechanic, as the stack is remembered until certain conditions are met. I.E. Leona's passive can be seen as a Memory Mechanic due to that it can be triggered after marking something to do extra damage, given that the passive is triggered within a time frame. Warwick's passive can also be viewed as a Memory Mechanic since it stores when your last auto attack was and increases his stats based on how many times he has auto attacked a particular target in a row, fading over time or resetting if a new target is found. Abilities that permanently stack like Nasus' Q that can lead to an infinite potential can also be a memory mechanic, since with a successful use it will Buff the user. Thresh, although he does not have to be the one to cause souls to drop, can still be seen as having a Memory Mechanic because he must still fulfill a given requirement to obtain the souls. Most damage over time abilities will not count as Memory Mechanics, they apply so long as an ability or auto attack lands and will continue to deal damage, or will deal damage so long as an enemy is in a place where they take said aoe damage. This does not count as a Memory Mechanic because it cannot be triggered to do something else, with the notable exception of Twitch who can stack his DoT and consume them to deal damage.

To shorten this, a Memory Mechanic provides more when it can either be triggered a second time to increase the effect, or a successful use of it will provide a buff that will last the rest of the game.

As I now need to get to class I will provide examples or ideas for memory mechanics when I have the time to.